Subject: Cartel Bot query rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Waller
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mb
I've had a quick look but I can't find this anywhere. What is the rationale behind the Cartel Bot March priorities? Why should the March target be adjacent to a space with at least 2 Cartel Guerrillas?

I would have thought the Cartel priority would be to get at least two unattached guerrilla into a space in order to build a base.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Williams
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
andyinkuwait wrote:
I've had a quick look but I can't find this anywhere. What is the rationale behind the Cartel Bot March priorities? Why should the March target be adjacent to a space with at least 2 Cartel Guerrillas?

I would have thought the Cartel priority would be to get at least two unattached guerrilla into a space in order to build a base.

Thanks

Just a guess, but in order to build a base that won't immediately be destroyed because there aren't underground guerillas to protect them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Waller
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mb
These instructions won't allow you to build a base anyway if you are constantly marching to a space adjacent to at least 2 guerrillas.

Correction on my first post though. Surely, Cartel priorities are to concentrate in one space three guerrillas and then build a base. Why would there be a necessity to move guerrillas to a space adjacent to two guerrillas? Given there are only 12 guerrillas and, mostly, these are protecting bases, there aren't usually that many guerrillas floating around on the board and very rarely would there be 2 together to provide a March target.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oerjan Ariander
Sweden
HUDDINGE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
"Adjacent to a space with at least 2 Cartels Guerrillas" ensures that at least one Cartels Guerrilla will be able to March there, and usually reduces the number of eligible destination spaces quite a bit. Having 2+ Guerrillas in one space is quite common after a Rally.

However, the bot doesn't just March from that single adjacent space; all Cartels Guerrillas that are free to March from all adjacent spaces will converge on the one selected destination space.

Collecting 3 Guerrillas in a single space isn't that critical for CartelBot though, since it tends to get as many Bases from Cultivate SAs and Shipments as they get from Rallying

Regards,
Oerjan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Waller
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mb
I've not found it to be that common as the Rally priorities are

*Guerrillas to Underground....then

*Place Bases where there are at least 3 guerrillas then

*Wherever Cartels have a Base but no Guerrillas, place Guerrillas or move 3 Guerrillas to there from spaces without a Cartel Base then

*Rally in 1 Dept where Cartels could Cultivate to place a Base

There is, in fact, no option to Rally in a space where there is already a Cartel Guerrilla (apart from the Cultivate option). How will there ever be 2+ Cartel Guerrillas in a space?

Also, why would the instruction to March to a target adjacent to a space with 2+ Cartel Guerrillas in it, ensure that a March will take place if there is at least 1 space with 2+ Guerrillas? I'm sure I'm missing something here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Waller
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mb
Answering my own question here. I get that the March target adjacent to 2+ Guerrillas is then used as a target BY the 2+ Guerrillas.

I was thinking, for some reason, that the target needs to be adjacent to 2+ Guerrillas throughout the March.

So, the only thing left to answer is the Rally issue. According to my variant card there is never a Rally where Cartel Guerrillas are placed next to other Cartel Guerrillas so I would see it as nearly impossible to get a situation where there are 2+ Guerrillas in a space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oerjan Ariander
Sweden
HUDDINGE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
andyinkuwait wrote:
I've not found it to be that common as the Rally priorities are

*Guerrillas to Underground....then

*Place Bases where there are at least 3 guerrillas then

*Wherever Cartels have a Base but no Guerrillas, place Guerrillas or move 3 Guerrillas to there from spaces without a Cartel Base then

Unless the space has Pop 0, Rallying at a Base puts 2+ Guerrillas in the space as long as there are enough Guerrillas Available.

Quote:
*Rally in 1 Dept where Cartels could Cultivate to place a Base

Which can be a space that already has Cartel Guerrillas, resulting in 2+ Guerrillas there after the Rally.

Regards,
Oerjan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Waller
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks.

Much clearer now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.