Subject: Organization strategies? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Cook
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hello everyone, after making my first play through attempts I'm really enjoying the game, but finding it hard to keep everything organized. I'm wondering what your strategies are so far?

I'm trying to find a pill-box to keep with the medical theme that's large enough to shuffle/shake the door pieces. That's where I'd keep the different counters.

Also, keeping track of the damage on the minis is kind of difficult. Does anyone know if there's some kind of dial that would snap into the bottom of the minis that would show a numerical value? I don't want to have to design and 3d print them if there's already a game that has something similar I can repurpose.

I may use old Zombicide clips or paperclips on the sides of cooldown cards in case the table gets bumped.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Cook
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
These circle combat dials may help in keeping track of the health of the mobs. They have a spot to insert a small magnet, which would make keeping track of everything a lot easier. They are kind of expensive, but I probably won't need more than 6.

http://www.litko.net/products.php?product=Circle-Combat-Dial...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Robinson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I use dice to track damage on the monsters - I bought a load of extra mini-dice for the game.

Storage- I am a big fan of foamcore, my attempt; http://imgur.com/a/knkZq
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Cook
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The game takes up a lot of desk real estate and I'm wondering if anyone has figured out a solid layout solution to keep track of your characters?

I'm thinking that a piece of plastic with snap-in pegs on the edges similar to LEGO with a slider in the front instead of the counters. Male pegs on 2 sides, female on 2 sides to add more as things are found in lockers and skills are gained.

I'll have to look at my Zombicide: Black Plague dashboards and figure out how the sliders work.

I'm hoping this will keep the sprawl from getting to much. The cards get so far away from where I have everything organized that I forget to use the special skills.

Prototypes from LEGO

Dice or dials will probably work to keep track of health, sanity, durability and charges for now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judgement Dave
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
joboyogi wrote:

Dice or dials will probably work to keep track of health, sanity, durability and charges for now.

Since you're using LEGO why not use a single block as a marker and move it along the row of pegs?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Cook
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I thought about that but it's a bit too dainty for my big fingers to keep doing consistently. It's also easier to see the dice numbers for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Cook
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm making another attempt at simplifying the play area layout. Thinking about dashboards for the abilities. Use dice as the counters and the cards just for reference. This one is for skills with the max at 6, I figure a 4 square one for weapons should be enough. These are simple mockups, thoughts on if it's worth it or ideas on something better?

Put a die of the color of your character on the dashboards at the current cooldown amount. If you don't have that skill, yet, put a penny or something on top of it until you do to keep everything straight.

These are sized to be printed at 5"x7" about the same size as the character cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.