Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Lakatos
United States
Wauwatosa
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems I frequently start thinking I need a new game because I have "exhausted" or used up the interest in my others. Apparently I'm not alone in this!

This is full malarkey to be sure - but nonetheless it rears up and my eyes start wandering around the web for something glittery.

I've gotten in the habit over the past few years of pulling out my base copy of AimP (the original DIY files here) and play when the itch of buying gets strong.

With the base set, Special Operatives, Secondary Objectives and the handful of other optional rules in just the core file alone - I prove every time that 1 game really can be enough!

I would never need to buy another. If I add in even 1 other expansion here, skies the limit!

For such a seemingly simple game with such a non-complex foot print and components - it works every time and stretches me again and again.

I know that some disaster struck the KS version - missed that whole thing and not interested in hashing it out now - but this game still stands the test of time.

(For the record it has worked perfectly and kept me from adding any more games to my collection. Mainly due to Target for Today, Fields of Fire, Stronghold, Between Two Cities, Carcassone expansions, and a few dozen others don't really count. Why? I bought them all after 1000 hours - so the AimP missions were over.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.