Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathan Rine
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wanna try this alien game but I can't think of it. It has artwork similar to TI and Rex but it's something else entirely. I don't exactly remember the concept of it but it has a few expansions and at least the expansions are mostly detailed cards with various alien races to play as each with their own unique shtick.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Phillips
United States
Quincy
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cosmic Encounter?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Rine
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
geschichte wrote:

YES exactly what I was thinking of
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
This is amazing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J J
Australia
flag msg tools
From what I recall of your past posts, I would advise that you don't play Cosmic Encounter. It has masses of interacting rules, including exceptions (pretty much every alien card and the accompanying flare cards break the basic rules to work), and you have little agency in the game - it decides who you will attack. I seem to recall complaints from you about such things in other games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Virginia Milne
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You play Cosmic Encounter as an experience

Think Journey, not the destination, otherwise you will experience too much frustrationsoblue

If you play the game for the experience rather than the result, it can pass away the time in quite an entertaining way
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG.EXE
United States
flag msg tools
I favor Euros, but I like pretty much all games.
badge
Make the kinds of posts you want to read.
mbmbmbmbmb
And to say you have little agency is really off the mark. You don't get to choose WHO to attack (usually, mind you due to powers etc), but you get to make pretty much constant choices besides that. It's not a war game, it's about social interaction and finding ways to expand your influence beyond your own turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wayne mathias
United States
Niceville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I always liked it 6 player double powers with flare deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.