Subject: Operation Beach Party rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Zev
msg tools
badge
All knowledge is worth having
mbmbmbmbmb
As my introduction to Spirit Island, I decided to run through each of the spirits as solo games against a level 0 adversary. I blazed through the four introductory spirits against Prussia. Then it was Ocean, Thunderspeaker, and then Greenie against England, and Dreamer, Wildfire, and Serpent against Sweden, with Fangs and Keeper against France.

I struggled a little bit with Ocean, Dreamer, and Wildfire, which is to be expected since each of them are particularly vulnerable in single spirit games. But I didn't face any real difficulty until Serpent.

I played several games as the Serpent, and in each of them I lost control of the blight just as I was entering Serpent's height of power. In one particularly painful case, I thought I had enough elements to fully trigger Serpent Rouses in Anger, only to find that I was one short. It didn't help that Serpent doesn't have any real interest in interacting with the Dahan, but if you don't move them around a little bit then Sweden converts them into towns.

Finally, though, came Operation Beach Party. Operation Beach Party worked as follows: Pull all of the nearby Dahan into Wetlands number five, and build up a super Sacred Site there. Meanwhile, shove every invader I can reach into the coastal sands. Every time they ravage there remove the blight (or protect it with Infinite Vitality). They mostly didn't ravage anywhere else, because they were too busy hanging out at the beach party. Then just when the party is getting good, wash everything away with a Cleansing Flood. That shot me straight through two fear cards and allowed me to max out the terror level the next turn.

And the moral of this story is: when hosting a cookout by the seaside, always check the schedule of the tides! laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.