United States
Colorado Springs
CO
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello everyone! I am happy to announce that the Kickstarter campaign for the 2nd Edition of Hands in the Sea went live. You can reach the campaign at the following url http://kck.st/2uvNop8.

With the game running out of stock in late 2016, a reprint has been on our minds but due to personal issues, I was not able to launch a campaign until now.

Our focus on the 2nd Edition is to iron out any previous issues and upgrade the overall quality of the game. We will be looking into things like a cleaner fold on the game board, improving the thickness and quality of the cards, a revised rule book with more diagrams, creating a 2-sided game board with alternate artwork on the back and much more. We also have a pledge reward that allows owners of the 1st Edition to purchase an upgrade pack for $20 that includes a new game board, player mats and rule book.

I appreciate your support and I look forward to any feedback and comments that you may have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim F
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Who knew trench warfare could be such fun?
badge
Ashwin in front of Tiger 131
mbmbmbmbmb

Upgrade kit sounds good to me. Backed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Kidder
United States
Martensdale
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Backed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Siskin
United States
Playa Del Rey
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In for the upgrade. Many thanks for including that option.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
It's a fearful thing, to fall into the Hands of the Living God!
badge
Tell me, have you found the Yellow Sign?
mbmbmbmbmb
Also in for the Upgrade.
Hope it will be possible to add the Guide (the only thing I did not get last time) as well as upgraded other material or special stuff...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Chi
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Reasonably priced upgrade kit! Backed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lorenzo Chiappini
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In for the second edition and Forged in Steel!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Lloyd
United States
Colorado Springs
CO
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, everyone, I appreciate the support!

Yes, all of the previous items that were available in the 1st edition of the game will be options to add on to the upgrade pack. I left those out because I knew there would be a mixture of folks that may have had one item or another.

Once the campaign ends and the pledge manager fires off then the option to pick up extras will be available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Fix
United States
Sterling Hts
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will the 28 card mini-expansion be available as an add-on if that stretch reward level is not met?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Lloyd
United States
Colorado Springs
CO
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rlfix wrote:
Will the 28 card mini-expansion be available as an add-on if that stretch reward level is not met?

Yes, we will be offering all of the 1st edition add-on's once the pledge manager goes live shortly after the KS campaign ends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HANJEL T
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alec D.
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
I was on the fence for the first kickstarter. Regretfully, I decided against it. then I started seeing the glowing reviews and was immediately jealous of anyone lucky enough to own a copy. Not making the same mistake again. Backed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pepe Carrillo
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dear KW,
Thank you for offering the Upgrade Pack! Would like to know if it includes two updated Player Aids (errata on the originals). Aids not mentioned in the pledge description.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Lloyd
United States
Colorado Springs
CO
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
msgt pepe wrote:
Dear KW,
Thank you for offering the Upgrade Pack! Would like to know if it includes two updated Player Aids (errata on the originals). Aids not mentioned in the pledge description.

I just realized I had not replied back to this. Yes, after reviewing the errata I realized there were a few changes. We will be including the player aids in the Upgrade Pack, as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pepe Carrillo
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shadowkn wrote:
msgt pepe wrote:
Dear KW,

I just realized I had not replied back to this. Yes, after reviewing the errata I realized there were a few changes. We will be including the player aids in the Upgrade Pack, as well. :)

Thanks for catching that, Don. I'm in!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Thompson
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
I lose all the games... It's fun but!
badge
... as in addicted to going fast... not the powder stuff... "ADICT" was the licence plate on my bike...
mbmbmbmbmb
Popping my KS cherry with this one... Here's hoping for a blunder free next little bit
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Berger
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
Jigsaw
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like we hit all of our stretch goals, yay!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alec D.
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
looks like this kickstarter was successful and I can't wait for this game! Are we able to still upgrade our pledges to include metal coins?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Lloyd
United States
Colorado Springs
CO
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ultimos604 wrote:
looks like this kickstarter was successful and I can't wait for this game! Are we able to still upgrade our pledges to include metal coins?

Yes, you can add on items or even change your pledge level once the pledge manager starts in 2-3 weeks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan F
United States
Corpus Christi
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shadowkn wrote:
Ultimos604 wrote:

Yes, you can add on items or even change your pledge level once the pledge manager starts in 2-3 weeks.

i was on hiatus from BGG during my busy season of work. I see there is still a limited time to jump on this. There is nothing in the FAQ, so I figured I would ask here.

I was a 1st edition backer and got all the upgraded components for forts, navies, towns, etc. The pledge mentions 3 items in base package: updated map (I read elsewhere to remove valleys), updated player boards & updated rule book. Some additional player mats were added as a met stretch goal.

That all makes sense, but what is this about custom wood tokens? Would this be to replace the 3-D hard plastic tokens that came with the upgraded 1st Edition? Also, I thought there were no expansions beyond: Deux Ex Machina, Strategy Maintenance cards. But your update on Aug 19, 2017 says that the KS edition and 1st edition didn't include the mini-expansion. Can you please help clarify? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Lloyd
United States
Colorado Springs
CO
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for checking. Everyone who backed the 1st edition campaign received the custom wood tokens. However, there was a retail edition of the game that only had cubes and discs. For clarity, a diagram of the custom wood tokens is here:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/3158560/shadowkn

There will only be one boxed version of the 2nd edition game which will have the custom wood tokens listed above.

The 1st edition game did not come with the mini-expansion for free. Backers or pre-order customers had to pay for that separately. That mini-expansion was a 28 count deck of cards and a rules sheet. The cards within that expansion were alternate strategy and event cards, as well as the Deux Ex Machina variant cards. Because backers reached the recent stretch goal in the 2nd edition campaign that mini-expansion was included in all 2nd edition game boxes.

umrmeche wrote:
shadowkn wrote:
Ultimos604 wrote:

i was on hiatus from BGG during my busy season of work. I see there is still a limited time to jump on this. There is nothing in the FAQ, so I figured I would ask here.

I was a 1st edition backer and got all the upgraded components for forts, navies, towns, etc. The pledge mentions 3 items in base package: updated map (I read elsewhere to remove valleys), updated player boards & updated rule book. Some additional player mats were added as a met stretch goal.

That all makes sense, but what is this about custom wood tokens? Would this be to replace the 3-D hard plastic tokens that came with the upgraded 1st Edition? Also, I thought there were no expansions beyond: Deux Ex Machina, Strategy Maintenance cards. But your update on Aug 19, 2017 says that the KS edition and 1st edition didn't include the mini-expansion. Can you please help clarify? Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Sosa
United States
Newark
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
I will break him.
mbmbmbmbmb
Funny to me that the only stretch goal not reached was the custom blue / red dice. After playing the game I decided to switch out those dice for natural color wooden dice shared by the players. They seem more authentic to me since they are most often used in naval combat between wooden vessels.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandros Boucharelis
Greece
Drama
flag msg tools
designer
badge
ubi bene ibi patria // vidi perfutui veni
mbmbmbmbmb
i believe that stretch goal its unlocked but they forgot to update the kickstarter page, because the stretch goal for the blue dices was at $55,000 and the total pledged amount is $55,104.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan F
United States
Corpus Christi
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kastrologos wrote:
i believe that stretch goal its unlocked but they forgot to update the kickstarter page, because the stretch goal for the blue dices was at $55,000 and the total pledged amount is $55,104.

You are correct

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Setola
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Nec Recisa Recedit
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I wonder if there is an update on the shipment of the second edition since charges went out in December. Anyone has news? Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.