Subject: Great Customer Service from Compass Games! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
j b Goodwin

Lynchburg
Virginia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have recently begun to play Compass Games' Blitz! A World in Conflict, a grand strategic WWII game inspired by World in Flames. It's designed to be a smaller-footprint, faster-playing experience with a lot of the same flavor as WiF.

As such, although much reduced in size from WiF, it still has a large map, made of glossy paper. After playing several of the learning scenarios over several sessions, the map had already begun to tear at one or two of the folds.

I contacted Compass Games' customer service, and asked if I could get en image of the map and permission to print it in order to make another map and mount it.

Customer service emailed me back, asking for my mailing address. I figured they wanted me on their catalog mailing list. I replied that I was already on their list.

A week or so later, I received a brand-new map in the mail from them!
I am going to mount it and continue to play their excellent game for many hours as I get into the campaign game.

This was the first game I've played from Compass, and I have to admit, when I got the map, I immediately went to their catalog and began setting my eyes on the next game I wanted from Compass Games (I think it will be Red Poppies. It was a great game in its Worthington Games version, and it sounds even better in its Compass Games incarnation).

I just wanted to give a public shout-out to Compass Games!

Postscript: AND they sent me a coupon for Red Poppies, too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave LeLacheur
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Great story and thanks for sharing it. The Compass team have been great partners to work with, I couldn't have asked for better!

Enjoy Blitz!

Cheers,
Dave L.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j b Goodwin

Lynchburg
Virginia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveLeLacheur wrote:
Great story and thanks for sharing it. The Compass team have been great partners to work with, I couldn't have asked for better!

Enjoy Blitz!

Cheers,
Dave L.

I AM enjoying Blitz! I started re-reading William Shirer's Rise and Fall of the Third Reich about the time I started playing Blitz! I wish I could say that it informed my play enough to make me a supreme commander, but I will say that your game is a great living illustration as I read the book. A good history of the Pacific War is next. Thanks for a fun design!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave LeLacheur
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Cool! "The Eagle Against The Sun" is a Pacific WW2 history book I remember enjoying fyi. Cheers, Dave L.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.