Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Hallett
United Kingdom
Brixham
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering why there aren't many reviews or videos relating to this game? Has it reached the US yet?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Darwin00uk wrote:
I was wondering why there aren't many reviews or videos relating to this game? Has it reached the US yet?
nope...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Darwin00uk wrote:
Delivery of pre-orders stalled due to the printing error with cards, so widespread review access will be limited. Martin Wallace games are very low on most reviewer's lists because (1) they are "boring euro", (2) Martin Wallace isn't "sexy", (3) MW games are too long and too complex for most reviewers/play throughs to cover.

NB I don't agree with any of these assessments, but that's how I read the current media circus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
England
flag msg tools
badge
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars, where you will be forced to drift aimlessly farther into the vast, empty abyss of space until a lack of food, water and oxygen causes you to succumb to Death's cold embrace.
mbmbmbmbmb
mccrispy wrote:
(2) Martin Wallace isn't "sexy"

To Photoshop!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolby Reddish
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
the Yellow Sign?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mccrispy wrote:
Darwin00uk wrote:
Delivery of pre-orders stalled due to the printing error with cards, so widespread review access will be limited. Martin Wallace games are very low on most reviewer's lists because (1) they are "boring euro", (2) Martin Wallace isn't "sexy", (3) MW games are too long and too complex for most reviewers/play throughs to cover.

NB I don't agree with any of these assessments, but that's how I read the current media circus.

That and MW games have deeper game play than is rewarded by many mainstream reviewers now days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i honestly think the main reason is the very long delay in getting our games...

to me, once the game was "in" (with the few bad cards) they should have been shipped, pnp's posted here on BGG for the bad cards if people wanted to get them, and then the replacement cards dropped in an envelope and mailed (months later)...

the games have sat way too long waiting for something many owners would have been happy to "play around" (while waiting for the corrections)...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A P
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
mb
Darwin00uk wrote:

It has not reached the U.S. Moreover, the print run was small and limited so it is not going to reach many people's hands.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Melric wrote:
Darwin00uk wrote:

It has not reached the U.S. Moreover, the print run was small and limited so it is not going to reach many people's hands.
according to the BGG Store they rec'd my game over a week ago...but now are waiting on the corrected cards...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy was shipped today - with the replacement cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.