Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
A P
Wales
Newport
Other
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ticket-to-Ride-Rails-and-Sails-Boa...

Could potentially be a scam as it's a new user. Says they have 32 in stock so worth a punt?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbert Vervuurt
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Figaro123 wrote:
*Link removed to prevent people falling for this scam. I recommend OP doing the same*

Could potentially be a scam as it's a new user. Says they have 32 in stock so worth a punt?

Pretty sure it's fake.

Located in spain, free shipping, only 2 reviews (from purchases the past 6 months).

Edit: yea, nvm. It says "Item location: Spain", but in the purchase process it says:
Quote:
Standard Shipping from China/Hong Kong/Taiwan to worldwide (7 to 19 business days)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christiaan G
Netherlands
Emmeloord
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You know what they say: If it looks to good to be true..

This is way to cheap for this game. Or it's a fake copy or you will never see your money again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbert Vervuurt
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, you'll see your money, as eBay will probably refund it, but the thing is that these scammers will set the "delivered on or before xx"-date a day later than PayPal will refund it, so you'll be too late to start a case against the seller.

They sold 33 copies already, so they ought to get negative reviews at a point in time.

I tried reporting it, but I doubt that eBay will see this as fraudulent, since I couldn't add a reason.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Johnson
United Kingdom
Derby
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
badge
Little Englander
mbmbmbmbmb
rvervuurt wrote:
Well, you'll see your money, as eBay will probably refund it, but the thing is that these scammers will set the "delivered on or before xx"-date a day later than PayPal will refund it, so you'll be too late to start a case against the seller.

They sold 33 copies already, so they ought to get negative reviews at a point in time.

I tried reporting it, but I doubt that eBay will see this as fraudulent, since I couldn't add a reason.

PayPal will now refund your money 6 months after purchase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Boston
United Kingdom
Prenton
Wirral
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Figaro123 wrote:

Oh come on people, let's try and use some common sense here.

A nearly new game that retails for £50 being delivered for £12? Yeah, that sounds like a great deal /sarcasm.

I don't know what I find more irritating, the people who make these scams or the people who forgo common sense and hand over their money in the vain hope that it's real and then cry to ebay/amazon for a refund when surprise, surprise, it's found to actually be a scam.

/rant
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Johnson
United Kingdom
Derby
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
badge
Little Englander
mbmbmbmbmb
Omertron wrote:
Figaro123 wrote:

A nearly new game that retails for £50 being delivered for £12? Yeah, that sounds like a great deal /sarcasm.

I don't know what I find more irritating, the people who make these scams or the people who forgo common sense and hand over their money in the vain hope that it's real and then cry to ebay/amazon for a refund when surprise, surprise, it's found to actually be a scam.

/rant

I agree Stuart.
And I agree this is a scam.
However, things can be complicated by some deals which really are so good they do appear to be a scam, but aren't.
The Nations deal from Australia springs to mind:

Nations Board Game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Boston
United Kingdom
Prenton
Wirral
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
infectedeggs wrote:

However, things can be complicated by some deals which really are so good they do appear to be a scam, but aren't.
The Nations deal from Australia springs to mind:

Nations Board Game

The exception that proves the rule

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Johnson
United Kingdom
Derby
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
badge
Little Englander
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like the listing has been deleted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbert Vervuurt
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
infectedeggs wrote:
Looks like the listing has been deleted.

Maybe reporting it, did help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A P
Wales
Newport
Other
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Omertron wrote:
Figaro123 wrote:

/rant

For the record, I didn't buy it as I did think it suspicious.

I did buy a copy of TTR: UK/Pennsylvania for £9.99 on Amazon a few days ago, which I'm now rather suspecting I will never actually see as that too was too good an offer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Martin
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
Mwa ha ha ha ha
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely a scam. Ebay just removed the listing saying the users account had been compromised.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maximus
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
TMVM wrote:
Definitely a scam. Ebay just removed the listing saying the users account had been compromised.

A brand new account comprimised.....just a scam account in reality which ebay and Amazon seem to be struggling to control these days

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.