Andre
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://thehill.com/policy/defense/343522-mattis-rips-pentago...

Laughs, woodland camo outfits purchased for Afghans, when only 2% of the country is woodland! From the article;

"In a July 21 memo released to reporters Monday, Mattis addresses a June Special Inspector General for Afghanistan Reconstruction (SIGAR) report. The document found that DoD began buying the forest-patterned uniforms in 2007 after a former Afghan defense minister saw them online and favored them.

The uniforms were purchased without testing, to be used in a country that's just 2 percent woodland."

About the only redemption here is that Mattis seems to have a proactive approach, again from the article;

“Rather than minimize this report or excuse wasteful decisions, I expect all DoD organizations to use this error as a catalyst to bring to light wasteful practices – and to take aggressive steps to end waste in our Department," Mattis writes.

It would seem that might be a useful tool for reigning in or controlling spending in the military. Let them be motivated to find this waste, and clean up their act, BEFORE MORE money is doled out to them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
"Reining" is the word you meant.

And the Pentagon wasting money? Wow, who'd thunk it? And the Great Reformer in Chief proposes throwing an extra $54 billion at them. Hey, just because people are sicker because they can't afford health care doesn't mean we can't still spend a couple billion on new silk sheets and pillow cases for generals and admirals.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh I'm sure this will change everything. And stop behavior and procedural incentives in place for decades.

Look... it's a good thing he's going to try to cut waste. On the other hand, if you put some forensic accountants on his last 8 years-- I imagine you would find he oversaw millions of dollars of waste.

It's a parlor trick. A side show. It is to laugh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.