Next War: Korea» Forums » Rules

Subject: Alternate Air Rules, Available Draw Piles, Effects of SCUD strikes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Dean
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The SCUDs have fallen, and I'm accounting for the damage to the planes on the ground. I see the Series Supplement rule 4.0 Collateral Damage, and I see 1.2 Receiving Markers.

I need to remove 2 Type B air packages from the type B available draw. And then I realized, I'm not sure if I should have mixed into the good guy's Available Draw pile all the US and gray counters (who are they?).

In other words, when I'm setting up the game, what counters should I include in the South Korean "Available Draw" pile?

(I'm thinking at least one US air package marker per CV, and two per CVN, should be shielded from the SCUD strikes.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Land
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Diggy18 wrote:
The SCUDs have fallen, and I'm accounting for the damage to the planes on the ground. I see the Series Supplement rule 4.0 Collateral Damage, and I see 1.2 Receiving Markers.

I need to remove 2 Type B air packages from the type B available draw. And then I realized, I'm not sure if I should have mixed into the good guy's Available Draw pile all the US and gray counters (who are they?).

In other words, when I'm setting up the game, what counters should I include in the South Korean "Available Draw" pile?

(I'm thinking at least one US air package marker per CV, and two per CVN, should be shielded from the SCUD strikes.)

All go in available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Dean
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome thanks!

After initially filling the Ready Draws, I had four ROK air packages based on the die roll and the Standard Air Points chart plus an additional two air packages because I have a CVN in the Sea of Japan. These latter two I made sure were US air packages. So 4 ROK and 2 US in the Ready Draw, or 6 packages total.

Later, because the SCUDs left five airbases with strike markers on them, I'll have to transfer 5 air packages from the Ready to the Available draws. A literal reading of the rules calls for leaving just 1 air package in the Ready Draw.

I'm inclined to consider the two air packages associated with the CVN immune to the effects of the SCUDs, or to any other Strikes on airfields/air bases.

I think I'm bending the rules, but am I going to gum something up or give the ROK/US too big an advantage?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Land
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems reasonable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.