Subject: Dummy tokens rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Beichmann
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
Looking for a little clarification. The rules state that at the end of the American phase, all surviving US squadrons and dummies are placed five hours ahead on the turn track. Fair enough. But, what if there had been no combat, i.e. all the player drew from the pool was a single dummy? Does it simply go back into the pool, or does it get placed five hours ahead on the turn track just as if it was after a combat? In essence, do dummies only get placed on the track if they were drawn with squadrons, or do they go on the track regardless?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Bauer
United States
Larned
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The Rules state that at the end of the American Phase dummies that have been drawn are to be placed 5 hours ahead on the game turn track. So I believe whether or not there is combat, doesn't make a difference. I have always assumed that the dummies, even if no combat occurs, still are placed five hours ahead. That is the way I have always played it. This assures that if dummies are drawn first each turn, eventually they will be depleted from the pool, and the American attack will have a greater chance of materializing as the game progresses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Beichmann
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
That makes sense. Thanks. It's a great little consim.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Döring
Germany
Schifferstadt
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
Dominanz
badge
Le feu de l'enfer
mbmbmbmbmb
Placing the dummies on the turn track instead of putting them back into the pool. So there is a higher chance for the american to have better counter attacks against you. Otherwise you could draw the dummies each turn and get never a good response from you enemy (and why would they not attack you?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. Richter Konfliktsimulationen
msg tools
designer
publisher
You've got it right: Place the dummies on the turn track, even if no attack has occurred. This increases the chances not only of an attack taking place at all next time, but that it will be a more massive one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.