Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
nephi somerville
United Kingdom
LOCHWINNOCH
RENFREWSHIRE
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Anyone know where to find a decent unit/army guide?

not just stats but what the units are like in real words
looking at this or a certain KS from CMON and want some advice cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralf Schemmann
Germany
Siegen
NRW
flag msg tools
www.der-ringkrieg.de
badge
www.der-ringkrieg.de
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you mean the look and quality of the miniatures, or how they handle game-wise?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nephi somerville
United Kingdom
LOCHWINNOCH
RENFREWSHIRE
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Game wise sorry, can see the minis on FFG's website

I can see the stats on a wiki but after some real world guide

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralf Schemmann
Germany
Siegen
NRW
flag msg tools
www.der-ringkrieg.de
badge
www.der-ringkrieg.de
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know a comprehensive guide to the different units yet - I strongly suspect it is too early. No tournament rules are out yet and not much competitive game play has been done.

The best resource for me at the moment is the official forum at FFG, specifically the Tactics and List Building subforums.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stevan Corrêa
Brazil
Brasilia
DF
flag msg tools
badge
Jogo Rápido
mb
I would advise you to check out the video-reviews and see how the game feels like. In my opinion, overall this is a superior game than CMON's Song of Ice & Fire appears to be... and it's already in our hands - the KS will take at least a year to be released.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett
United States
Laredo
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The feel of each unit is affected more bu the individual command tools than by the stats. Don't get me wrong -- special abilities like Regenerate or Impact definitely add to the flavor of each unit, but the command tool is what makes the jnits behave differently. For example, Spearmen and Oathsworn Cavalry can make melee attacks at two different initiative values, sustaining the trope that fantasy humans are more versatile than other races. Reanimates only melee attack at one initiative and they are rather slow-moving, in regard to both distance they can move and initiative. However, Reanimates can make the largest block of figures so far, and new upgrades assist them in bringing more lost figures to the table, so they really feel like an undead horde moving unstoppably toward the enemy.

It's difficult to predict how a unit will behave when you are just looking at a command tool, especially with no experience in the system. I second therecomendation above to watch some videos. Try watching some battle reports to get an idea for how the game flows. In doing so, you should see the limitations of different units. It might be difficult, but you may want to pause the video during planning stages and examine the dials for yourselfto give you a sense of what the options are for each unit. Then unpause it and see how your selected action would have faired.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.