Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gregory Wong
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First, let me say that I really like this game.

Yesterday, I had a chance to introduce this game to a mix of experienced and inexperienced gamers. We played using the Standard rules. I also made the decision to run the shorter game but reducing the number of Presidios and Missions to 5 each. We played with 5 players (probably too many) and used the latest version of the rules where Missions cost 1 crucifix plus $5.

I felt the game was much too short. Players began building Missions, and before you knew it, the game was over. No one built a city or presidio. Most population levels were at 1. Because of the ease with which Missions were built, I didn't feel the game developed very far before it was over.

I don't recommend playing the short version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Sturgis
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd recommend using all 10 presidios and missions but still have the end game trigger after all 5 cities are built (and taxes of course). This way games can vary based on what the players want to do but not require "full" development (keeping it a bit shorter)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.