Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
solipsist gaming

Nashville
Tennessee
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I posted this question on the forum for Samurai Robots Battle Royale (SRBR). Since Mighty Monsters and SRBR share 90% of the same rules, including for grappling, it's a valid question here as well.

Any help would be appreciated.

pahoota wrote:
I have some questions about the Grapple attack. Assume for the questions that Robot A successfully grapples Robot B and Robot B is therefore held. Activation then passes to Robot B who fails to break the grapple.

Questions:

-When Robot A activates again, are its arms already "in use", maintaining the grapple hold without a roll?

-Can Robot A activate its arms and attempt a further Grapple, receiving a +1 since Robot B is currently held (the objective here would be to try to triple the defender's roll for the awesome throw)?

-Can Robot A activate its arms and attempt a different attack (like punch or slash), receiving a +1 since Robot B is currently held? If so and this subsequent attack fails, is the grapple hold broken?

Thanks for any help. Looks like a great game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin McColl
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If you don't get an answer to your question here, try the designer's website: http://www.ganeshagames.net/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
solipsist gaming

Nashville
Tennessee
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you. Unfortunately I can't find anywhere on that site where I can ask a question.

It appears the publisher has migrated from blogging and Yahoo Groups to a Facebook Group. That means I'm out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
solipsist gaming

Nashville
Tennessee
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I reached out to the game's author today and got an answer within an hour. Wow!

In case anyone had similar questions, the answers are below in bold, blue.

pahoota wrote:
Assume for the questions that Robot A successfully grapples Robot B and Robot B is therefore held. Activation then passes to Robot B who fails to break the grapple.

Questions:-When Robot A activates again, are its arms already "in use", maintaining the grapple hold without a roll?-
yes

-Can Robot A activate its arms and attempt a further Grapple, receiving a +1 since Robot B is currently held (the objective here would be to try to triple the defender's roll for the awesome throw)?
yes but of course there is the risk that the hold will fail and the enemy will break free

-Can Robot A activate its arms and attempt a different attack (like punch or slash), receiving a +1 since Robot B is currently held?
No unless it has another set of arms. Using the arms for anything else than holding would automatically set the opponent free and the +1 would not apply
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.