Popular Tags: [View All]
Carl Hintze
Sweden
flag msg tools
There are worse burdens...
badge
Cool Cat!
mbmbmbmbmb
Has there any news if this will ship on time?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanasis Patsios
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Arthur posted in the KS comments that they're trying for Q4 2017, but it may well be delivered in Q1 2018.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Hintze
Sweden
flag msg tools
badge
Cool Cat!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, i missed that.
Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N R
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be incredibly surprised if it releases in Q4 2017 or even Q1 2018 for that matter. I think it will probably ship a month or two before Onslaught 3, which will most likely be delayed as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew P
msg tools
OmegaDestroyer wrote:
I will be incredibly surprised if it releases in Q4 2017 or even Q1 2018 for that matter. I think it will probably ship a month or two before Onslaught 3, which will most likely be delayed as well.

Where do you get this information from?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N R
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just speculating based off of previous experience with Cthulhu Wars' delays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pekka S
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's hope they have learned their lessons, then...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N R
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They may have since they are making a big deal out of Cthulhu Wars Onslaught 3 being "China ready."

What amazes me is that from what I can gleam of the Kickstarter project, production doesn't appear to have even started. If that is the case, I'm stunned at how off the projected August 2017 release they were and don't see how it will even be released by April of next year.

At this point, I'm seriously considering canceling my late pledge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody
United States
Agoura Hills
Select state
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OmegaDestroyer wrote:
They may have since they are making a big deal out of Cthulhu Wars Onslaught 3 being "China ready."

What amazes me is that from what I can gleam of the Kickstarter project, production doesn't appear to have even started. If that is the case, I'm stunned at how off the projected August 2017 release they were and don't see how it will even be released by April of next year.

At this point, I'm seriously considering canceling my late pledge.

How do you cancel a late pledge?

I pledged at hero level but ive been a bit dismayed that the game isnt even in production yet and weve already hit the August 2017 expected ship date. I feel like maybe it didnt generate as much interest as they hoped and they sort of scraped it in favor of focusing on Cthulhu Wars (which I love too).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Lamprey
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is an ongoing "Ask Sandy" thread here on BGG

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/26513265#26513265

Sandy and his sons always answer any questions with transparency.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Hintze
Sweden
flag msg tools
badge
Cool Cat!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeha, im quite sad that it seems to run this late.
Wish i could cancel my pledge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, what, if the game comes later than you expected it's not fun anymore?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanasis Patsios
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't go as far as cancelling my pledge, but a production update would be greatly appreciated.

If mass production hasn't started yet (and it may well be that way), we're looking at 6 months easily, according to the timetable shown at CW OS3 kickstarter page. That would get us to a February delivery IF everything goes smoothly. If it doesn't - and with the Chinese New Year around the corner -, we're looking at April-May.

What would be interesting to know is why mass production hasn't started yet, if this is indeed the case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N R
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarcasmorator wrote:
So, what, if the game comes later than you expected it's not fun anymore?

I haven't played the game, so I do not know if it is fun or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's an active PbF forum here for it, or you can print and play, if you want to try it out to be sure.

https://basicroleplaying.org/topic/5042-the-gods-war-print-a...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Lamprey
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, it's KS. Why is everyone so surprised a project is running late? On top of that, PG always delivers to their backers. Also, you can express your frustration with them directly on the Ask Sandy thread and get answers from them so....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Hintze
Sweden
flag msg tools
badge
Cool Cat!
mbmbmbmbmb
Digmecolder wrote:
Also, it's KS. Why is everyone so surprised a project is running late? On top of that, PG always delivers to their backers. Also, you can express your frustration with them directly on the Ask Sandy thread and get answers from them so....

For me the coolaid that is "its ks, accept it" does not float my boat and there is a difference in surprised and disappointed.
Everyone has there pesonal opinions about this and thats fine.
A month or two would be fine for me, but if its 6+ months delayed i do wish i would have spent that big amount of money elswere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cazzmataz wrote:
For me the coolaid that is "its ks, accept it" does not float my boat and there is a difference in surprised and disappointed.
A month or two would be fine for me, but if its 6+ months delayed i do wish i would have spent that big amount of money elswere.

Baffled as to why you'd spend so much money on a pledge with an uncertain delivery time frame if you're not willing to accept an uncertain delivery time frame. Whether it floats your boat or not, KS is always a bit of a gamble, particularly with delivery estimates subject to change (which is no secret; Aug. 2017 was an estimate, and an estimate is just about the opposite of a guarantee). If you're not satisfied with that it really falls on you to avoid putting yourself in such a situation by pledging in the first place.

It's an old complaint and I've seen it a lot, but changing delivery dates have been a constant aspect of pledging for KS campaigns for the entire existence of the site and I don't know why anyone pledges who isn't willing to wait through whatever production delays may arise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrés Santiago Pérez-Bergquist
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarcasmorator wrote:
It's an old complaint and I've seen it a lot, but changing delivery dates have been a constant aspect of pledging for KS campaigns for the entire existence of the site and I don't know why anyone pledges who isn't willing to wait through whatever production delays may arise.

I assume every Kickstarter project will be a year late, and am occasionally pleasantly surprised when they're only six months late.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Santiago wrote:
I assume every Kickstarter project will be a year late, and am occasionally pleasantly surprised when they're only six months late.

Good rule of thumb!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Lamprey
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cazzmataz wrote:
Digmecolder wrote:

then... don't back things on Kickstarter?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Hintze
Sweden
flag msg tools
badge
Cool Cat!
mbmbmbmbmb
Digmecolder wrote:
Cazzmataz wrote:
Digmecolder wrote:

then... don't back things on Kickstarter?

Yeha, thats the solution...

Or ppl that make the projects can be a little more realistic.
Look at stonemier games and sirlin.

Ppl just defend everything kickstarter these days.

But this discussion is pointless. The game seems to run late and there is not anything we can do about that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanasis Patsios
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm fine with delays in Kickstarters in general and PG in particular. Not so fine with lack of communication and transparency. Seeing the timetable about production in CW OS3 kickstarter page, it's evident PG knows that to deliver on August, you need to start production 6 months in advance. Artur's comment about a Q1 2018 delivery suggests that production hasn't started yet. I bet there's a reason (cash flow being one possibility), but to not inform your backers for something that big... well it's almost guaranteed you'll have people wandering what's going on.

Having 2-3 updates in a 4 months time with stuff like "look, these are the white proofs we got from the factory and they're not meeting our standards" or "we need to change the color on these minis because the factory got it wrong, so we're behind" is one thing. Going from "the printed components need to be proof-read on April" to "we're moving on to a Q1 2018 delivery" in August (when you're supposed to deliver) is another.

Backers shouldn't have to deduce these things. Or to be indifferent. They're supposed to be told exactly what's happening and deal with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Lox
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
NasosP wrote:
I'm fine with delays in Kickstarters in general and PG in particular. Not so fine with lack of communication and transparency. Seeing the timetable about production in CW OS3 kickstarter page, it's evident PG knows that to deliver on August, you need to start production 6 months in advance. Artur's comment about a Q1 2018 delivery suggests that production hasn't started yet. I bet there's a reason (cash flow being one possibility), but to not inform your backers for something that big... well it's almost guaranteed you'll have people wandering what's going on.

Having 2-3 updates in a 4 months time with stuff like "look, these are the white proofs we got from the factory and they're not meeting our standards" or "we need to change the color on these minis because the factory got it wrong, so we're behind" is one thing. Going from "the printed components need to be proof-read on April" to "we're moving on to a Q1 2018 delivery" in August (when you're supposed to deliver) is another.

Backers shouldn't have to deduce these things. Or to be indifferent. They're supposed to be told exactly what's happening and deal with it.

You make a good point. I'm sure the timing was bad with OS3 campaign happening right now and we see PG being very communicative over there, but it's rather quiet on this front. They were a little lacking transparency as well when they put out updates in June about the pledge manager closing but didn't take the opportunity to share that the delivery was delayed by 4-6 months. Surely they must have known at that point.

I have no doubt we are going to eventually get a wonderful game, an improvement on communication would go a long ways though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Off The Shelf Board Game Reviews
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not going to say who is right and wrong here because I can see both sides of the quandary here.

My solution for all Kickstarters I came up with after a few really bad Kickstarter experiences is simply this; Do I think the game is worth it, do I think the producer will deliver, and finally do I think the retail version of the game will be none existent/extremely sub par in comparison.

I don't have a perfect system but I do keep a sliding scale factoring all 3 of those things.

Using that for The Gods War, there is really minuscule amounts of doubt that the game will be delivered. Sure I imagine something could go wrong but Petersen games has delivered on every single KS, with as far as I can tell, the quality level they advertised.

There is zero chance even with FLGS discounts etc that I will be able to get the KS version for the price I am paying through Kickstarter. Heck I am still bummed I was a day late upgrading my pledge from Lesser God to Hero because I am pretty sure that this is going to be a really limited game due to the costs and I see zero chance of getting the expansions at retail.

I played the Print and Play and even uploaded a video for the game so I know it's going to be a game I will enjoy quite a bit for a long time.

So basically I can suffer (really it sounds very first world to use that word so enter a less dramatic word here) through the delays knowing it will eventually show up.

Now I have zero information to back anything up but my mental clock says we should see the game in January 2018 at the latest, I assume this from the "tone" and just enough passing knowledge about things to factor in time required for various stages of production/delivery. Although to be fair there is a decent chance of seeing it before Christmas but I am not holding my breath.

I am not jumping on any of the bandwagons for or against Kickstarter here just offering how I treat Kickstarter these days... a "necessary evil" in a changing industry to be treated with much, much more debate and consideration than your standard pre-order from a well known publisher.

Edit: I wouldn't be shocked if Onslaught 3 slipped a little too. Petersen Games is trying really hard to please everyone, obviously gamers at heart, but I wouldn't be shocked if Onslaught 3 slipped a month due to the add-ons that were not part of the original China Ready targets. No this is not a negative just saying they are trying really hard to make everyone happy which will never allow a project to ship on time. You can have on time or you can have really awesome, rarely ever will you get both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.