Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
A P
Wales
Newport
Other
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm tempted to buy this, not least to get a set of purple and white trains that people can play with on other TTR maps.

Unfortunately you don't get stations in this version, which means you wouldn't be able to use the purple or white trains with TTR: Europe.

My inner completionist would love to obtain some plastic stations like the TTR: Europe ones, in the extra colours of the Nordic Countries trains (white and purple). I realise I could easily just use stations of a different colour (as I won't normally be playing with more than five different players), or get stations in another colour and paint them, or just use some other puprle or white pieces like Carcassonne meeples as substitutes, but that would look wrong.

Does anyone know if it is possible to get some stations in these colours?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart R.
Belgium
Tongeren
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's funny, we had the same question last Friday - one player always plays purple but had to settle for blue .

Spielmaterial doesn't seem to have them and in any case, if you ever buy the 1912 expansion for Europe, you'd need purple and white depots too, although those are more generic wooden pieces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe Nordic Countries only uses 40 trains (plus the 3 spare trains).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Darcy
Australia
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Grape Ape wrote:

Actually Nordic comes with 40 trains plus five spare trains. So it is possible to use the Nordic purple set on Europe. Just don't lose any.

Also Märklin uses 45 trains (plus spares) and comes with purple and white. Colourblind me is very grateful.

As for Stations... I would love some too. I did come across a 3D printer pattern so if you have access to a printer you could print them yourself:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:277652
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A P
Wales
Newport
Other
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GregDarcy wrote:
Grape Ape wrote:

Actually Nordic comes with 40 trains plus five spare trains. So it is possible to use the Nordic purple set on Europe. Just don't lose any.

Also Märklin uses 45 trains (plus spares) and comes with purple and white. Colourblind me is very grateful.

As for Stations... I would love some too. I did come across a 3D printer pattern so if you have access to a printer you could print them yourself:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:277652

Everywhere I've read suggests there are 45 trains in the set thanks to the spares, even though the Nordic map only uses 40 trains per player. Besides, even if that weren't the case it should be possible to get spares from a set someone is canabilising as it's a DoW component, you'd just need more of it - wheras stations in purple and white aren't provided in any TTR set.

If you're using the Nordic set to add a sixth player 40 would probably be enough anyway - there's barely enough spaces on the board for 5x45.

I don't have access to a 3D printer, thans for sharing though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.