Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Shmoe
United States
LEXINGTON
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmb
I've been playing on tabletopia and have enjoyed it so far and I believe it is almost finished. I am looking forward to getting a copy when it comes out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
msg tools
badge
It's so FLUFFY!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Lots of playtesting groups going on on Tabletopia. I'm part of Vital's discord group (pretty sure he's posted the group/link here before) but have not been able to make any of the table times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan F T
Colombia
Bogota
DC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It can be very helpful for those of us interested in the new version to know what is included officially in this new version.

Like:
- Will it include the expansion of the original game?
- Will it have 2 versions (original and new)?
- The original version will be for 5 or 4 players?
- General changes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cabral
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For sure there will be a fully co-op side of the game. The other side of the board will be competitive (like the original.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Celmins
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, but will you be able to play 1st Edition rules in the competitive version like you could with the Vinhos Special Edition?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SWxNW wrote:
Yes, but will you be able to play 1st Edition rules in the competitive version like you could with the Vinhos Special Edition?

Vital confirmed this in another thread as that was my concern too. My wife and I love the original and I already traded away my 1st ed in anticipation of the KS. It's turning out I did that too soon though...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know but keep in mind, Vinhos 2016 was not meant to replace the original ruleset, but to offer a more mid-weight, alternative take on the game. CO2 looks like it is an actual cleanup of the game meant to be replace the original.

Of course, that doesn't mean some may not prefer the original depending on the changes, but that is the designer's intent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Leslie
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've helped quite a bit with playtesting. My understanding is that it will not allow playing by the original rules or include the original expansion. One side of the board is the revised semi-coop for a max of 4 players (the publisher was behind the original supporting 5 players, Vital didn't like it). The tweaks/changes that Vital has made aren't really backwards compatible. The other side is the new 1-4 player fully coop version.

Vital is close to calling it finished.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludwig W.
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Great! Can't wait to get my hands on it!!

What do people who have played the game on tabletopia think about game 'weight'? It is currently at 4.0 - do you think that is kind of right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon
Germany
Passau
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are people really paying attention to that rating? Most ratings on BGG are not really accurate (for my understanding of complexity). But it seems that most board gamers seem to rate lower medium games as highly complex. If you want a proper rating substract at least 1.0 and you will have a better idea of how complex it might really be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Shmoe
United States
LEXINGTON
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmb
L00di wrote:
Great! Can't wait to get my hands on it!!

What do people who have played the game on tabletopia think about game 'weight'? It is currently at 4.0 - do you think that is kind of right?

I think a weight of 4 is too high. It isn't that complicated in my opinion (easier than Lisboa).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared
United States
Telford
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I thought the original was perhaps his lightest game. Still medium weight but lighter than Kanban.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Tymoshyshyn
England
Liskeard
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I read somewhere that this edition was going to be more user-friendly, with some rule changes to make it more easily playable by a wider group of people. Fully co-op with a solitaire version based on goals, similar I suppose to The Gallerist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Littler
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know how the Solo game is turning out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Leslie
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played it yet, but should be very good. It's the cooperative game with a few minor tweaks for solo play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.