Hide
10 Posts

Tragedy Looper» Forums » Variants

Subject: Hello asking if anyone can make a cool script death note rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Maki ilja
msg tools
I was wondering if some one can make or if its possible to make a death note theam inside like a murderer killing bad guys while also reseting the loop so that heros can try and stop him.

would that be possible or some other cool scripts after movies or storyes or manga
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gianluca Casu
Belgium
Ixelles
Bruxelles
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, short answer is "maybe" meaning that if you make a character the "serial killer" the character istantly kills whoever remains with him/her at end of the card phase.

So, yes, it could work, but substantially, after the second murder you'd realize the mainplot and then it is just a matter of isolating the serial killer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
I'll start with the last part
Markocarko wrote:

would that be possible or some other cool scripts after movies or storyes or manga

The genius of Tragedy Looper is that you can do whatever you want with it. It was never meant to be just a game, but rather a system that you can do whatever you want with it.

You can create entirely new characters (Xiao has an entire thread of really cool custom characters) or you can just reskin some characters.

As far as adaptations from stories or mangas, I made a custom script of Higurashi. vikleroy, made a script based on Daredevil.

The possibilities are endless.

Markocarko wrote:

I was wondering if some one can make or if its possible to make a death note theam inside like a murderer killing bad guys while also reseting the loop so that heros can try and stop him.

Death Note? Interesting. Out of curiosity, did you think of it because of the new show?

(I'm assuming I don't need to put spoiler tags for the story of Death Note?)

Anyhow, Death Note is essentially a struggle between a mastermind and protagonist (Kira vs L or Kira vs N&M) so it should work in the theme really well.

The question is if there's a particular part of the story you are interested in to make the main\sub plots?
The introduction of L, the yakisoba etc?

If it's the former, you could proxy characters - Pop Idol (Misa), Police Officer (any of them...), Godly Being (Ryuk) etc

Or do you just want a general death note vibe?

If it's the latter, you could, for instance, use a script with a lot of suicides or far away murder. Maybe even make up a rule like "Serial Killer only kills someone if he is the culprit of an incident"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maki ilja
msg tools
Thank you both for your time .

Maybe it could be a first step story (example for new people and it would be really easy to solve just to teach people while the story is there)

Maybe some how ryuk makes Light yagami "paranoid" cousing him to kill bad people but in you could make it so in the final loop he kills the key person or something cuz he just couldn't control himself any longer or kill the key person being L because he is on a rout to discovering who he is. or maybe the protagonis is L and the other guy that chang him.

The other could be a more basic or other expansion story Involving more things like light killing good people also L and then ryuk maybe doing something crazy such as mass murder with a bomb or something (dosn't really fit the story but maybe makeing misa couse a thing in a location that would also triger end of loops.)

There are many options it was an idea which people could work off on and maybe creat the scenario or mixing them.

I would love the link to the new characters i have all the expansions. What gave me the idea was cuz i bought the game and just played it a few times and i thought the story would some how maybe fit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xiao Xu
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Hey Marko, I would love to make a Death Note script, or even an entire expansion just to make that possible for you , but I've been very busy lately.

I highly recommend you to play through all the scripts from the basic set before working on a big project like this though. If you come up with any ideas, then I could always give you suggestions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Yang
msg tools
A Notebook of Death

Tragedy Set: Mystery Circle
Loops: 4
Days per loop: 8

Characters:

Boy Student
Rich Man's Daughter
Mystery Boy
Boss (hospital turf)
Informer
Journalist
Office Worker
Police Officer
Doctor
Nurse
Henchman

Incidents:

Day 2 -- Suicide
Day 3 -- Suicide
Day 4 -- Suicide
Day 5 -- Suicide
Day 6 -- Suicide
Day 7 -- The Silver Bullet
Day 8 -- Serial Murder

Mastermind information card:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Main Plot: A Drop of Strychnine
Subplot: I am a Master Detective
Subplot: Isolated Institution Psycho

Characters:

Boy Student -- Private Investigator [L]
Rich Man's Daughter -- Poisoner [Misa]
Mystery Boy -- Brain [Light]
Godly Being -- Key Person (first appears in third loop) [Ryuk/Rem]
Boss -- Paranoiac (hospital turf)
Informer [Naomi]
Journalist -- Conspiracy Theorist
Office Worker -- Fool [Matsuda]
Police Officer -- Therapist [Officer Yagami]
Doctor -- Friend
Nurse -- Person
Henchman -- Person (starts in Shrine)

Incidents:

Day 2 -- Suicide -- Boss
Day 3 -- Suicide -- Henchman
Day 4 -- Suicide -- Informer
Day 5 -- Suicide -- Journalist
Day 6 -- Suicide -- Police Officer
Day 7 -- The Silver Bullet -- Office Worker
Day 8 -- Serial Murder -- Mystery Boy

Explanation:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Kira is known for killing people across great distances, but needs information about the target first. Faraway Murder would represent this perfectly, since it's location-agnostic and the Intrigue counters represent the target's name/face being exposed. Unfortunately, without a special rule, Kira can only be the culprit of one Faraway Murder. The other issue is that in Tragedy Looper, most deaths either don't matter at all (random persons) or single-handedly lose the loop (Friend/Key Person); it's hard to make a series of deaths all cumulatively relevant.

So instead, I moved to the expansion tragedy set Mystery Circle for its A Drop of Strychnine main plot, which allows Intrigue to count as Paranoia for the purposes of triggering Suicide and Serial Murder incidents, and introduces the Poisoner role that kills someone after two resolved incidents and kills the protagonists after four. This fits Kira perfectly. It makes his total number of kills matter; the fact that it's considered a suicide rather than a murder represents the fact that heart attacks don't really look like murders; and by making Light the Brain (which places intrigue counters) we can make it clear that he's still ultimately responsible for the deaths.

The order of the suicides was chosen to represent Light's gradual descent. First, he kills major criminals, crime bosses. Then he kills minor criminals. Then he kills people who are investigating him. Then he kills journalists who are critical of Kira. Then he kills his own father.

Matsuda's Silver Bullet, cutting the loop off before Light can make one last kill personally, should need no explanation. As for why killing the Godly Being wins the loop for the Mastermind? Remember what happened in Death Note the one time Light orchestrated a shinigami's death.

The Boss and Henchman aren't named characters, just obvious criminals for Light to target. The Doctor and Nurse aren't any particular characters either. They and the Therapist role are there to let the protagonists keep paranoia under control, so that the mastermind is actually using Intrigue to trigger the incidents, which fits the story better.

I'm not entirely satisfied with L, who seems underused here, but I think everything else fits together well, and I'm not sure how this could be revised to give him a bigger role. Still, the Private Investigator's ability is always relevant, and it even lets him "arrest" the Boss or Henchman early in the loop.

Obviously this is untested, I'm not sure how balanced it is. If it's too easy for the protagonists, maybe add A Suspicious Letter as a Day 1 incident with the Rich Man's Daughter as the culprit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xiao Xu
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Well, seems like an expert has stepped in and taken care of your request .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maki ilja
msg tools
Thats awsome ill definetly play it when i get to Mystery Circle. Don't mind if its too easy i don't want it to be imposible if i play with new people . Seem to fit the story good !

Thank you hope you can play test it as well

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maki ilja
msg tools
ye thats awsome

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JW R
Australia
flag msg tools
In regards to L, couldn't you say that the protagonists are L, Near and Mellow, working together to catch Kira? Then you could explain the loop mechanic as each loop being a mental battle between the two teams of masterminds, with only the final loop being reality. Or you could just pretend that the only reason L is such a great detective is that he is actually a time-traveller. Kind of diminishes L, but it works for the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.