Michael West
Lithuania
Vilnius r.
-
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there,

I have two things I wish to be sure about:

1) When a civil war marker gets placed on a power that had a disaster marker on it, does the disaster marker get lifted? A strict reading of the rules says a disaster marker only gets lifted after an income action takes place and you collect money from the power's controlled regions.

I assume therefore you can have both disaster and civil war markers on the same card. By this logic the same can be said for excommunication markers and civil war markers. One does not replace the other, but adds to it.

2) In one game, one player conquered Hungary. As it is a single province power, he also took the card to control it. Can he for a second attack launch an attack from Hungary immediately?

Thanks,

Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Shelton
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
michaelwest777 wrote:
Hi there,

Hola!

michaelwest777 wrote:

1) When a civil war marker gets placed on a power that had a disaster marker on it, does the disaster marker get lifted? A strict reading of the rules says a disaster marker only gets lifted after an income action takes place and you collect money from the power's controlled regions.

I assume therefore you can have both disaster and civil war markers on the same card. By this logic the same can be said for excommunication markers and civil war markers. One does not replace the other, but adds to it.

Indeed, if the rules do not tell you to remove a marker, it is not removed. You can have a Disaster, Civil War, and be Excommunicated all at once!

michaelwest777 wrote:

2) In one game, one player conquered Hungary. As it is a single province power, he also took the card to control it. Can he for a second attack launch an attack from Hungary immediately?

Are you using the "living rules" from 2004? I ask, because there is a clarification in the Power Control section (4.3) that addresses this very question. Yes, you can gain control of a Power and then use it for your second attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael West
Lithuania
Vilnius r.
-
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks ever so much for the rapid - and helpful - reply. I have one more question Player A takes the last province of, say, England. He receives that card. Does he receive it with all the disaster markers and new ruler chits?

I read that the card gets placed to one side and then take by a player that basically manages to control all that countries provinces. But do the various faults get transferred too? I assume not the ruler. But not sure for the rest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Newell
United States
Issaquah
Washington
flag msg tools
Yes, you inherit the conditions and rulers.

No one forced you to take them over, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.