Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex N
United States
Metuchen
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can someone tell me who is in charge of operations at GMT Games? It seems like all the head guys are developers/designers so I can't tell.

I know when I purchase multiple games at a time, GMT does a swell job in combining multiple games into one shipping which can save me $35 or more on shipping alone.

I'm a heavy backer of their P500 games but ironically I got hit with 3 new charges in just two weeks because all the games are one step closer to being completed. I know that within one month I will likely get hit with two more new charges on other games nearing production.

I understand that there is nothing gained for them to hold titles indefinitely like Miniature Market or Coolstuff but if I'm getting whacked with over $60 just in shipping costs alone in a 4-week period you would think they could make an exception for customers who are frequent buyers of their games. I would rather buy directly from them and take advantage of their discount. I just don't understand why it would be that inconvenient to group games together that are already lined up for the shipping queue.

It would be upsetting to receive multiple P500 shippings in one week which has already happened. But to receive 4 or 5 in one month is just as bad. Surely there must be a way that they can see which shipments are going out in a one month period.

Who should I write to directly on this? I prefer to bring this to the head guy of operations or the CEO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juha Kettunen
Finland
Joensuu
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd email Rodger MacGowan at rbmstudio@yahoo.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it.
badge
His marvels of artifice pale in comparison to the developing machinery of his mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're that worried or concerned, I'd simply call them.
Phone: 800-523-6111 (US and Canada) 559-583-1236
In all my dealings with GMT, a quick call has always rectified any problems I've had.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Hooper
United States
Rockford
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Call or live chat on their website.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Kreder
United States
Nuevo
California
flag msg tools
Founder of the The Wargame Bootcamp (https://www.boardgamegeek.com/guild/962)
badge
My hero Grumpy Bonaparte
mbmbmbmbmb
Zelroy wrote:

Sorry to contradict you but I wouldn't do that, he is not Operations or Customer Service, he is an art director. RBM studios are separate from GMT and I am sure Roger would tell you who to contact but he doesn't manage the shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole Dano
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Valid points, and hopefully as GMT implements its new systems they will include addressing issues like these.

In the meantime, it can't hurt to just hop on chat with Deb and see if she can organise the shipping for you. It sure makes sense from our POV to ship everything at once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juha Kettunen
Finland
Joensuu
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zeotter wrote:
Zelroy wrote:

Sorry to contradict you but I wouldn't do that, he is not Operations or Customer Service, he is an art director. RBM studios are separate from GMT and I am sure Roger would tell you who to contact but he doesn't manage the shipping.

I chose Rodger because he has always helped me with anything I could think of. He'd probably immediately see to it that the right person helps the OP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.