Hide
5 Posts

Gloomhaven» Forums » General

Subject: Newcomer questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stefano Galli
msg tools
Hi guys, i've just preordered the second edition of the game and i'm super excited about it.
I have some question regarding sleeves and decks:

1) first of all, i'll follow this sleeving guide. If i only sleeve cards stated as "suggested" do all cards (and all other components) fit inside the storage tray? Does sleeved character decks fits inside character boxes? That's my main goal. (200 standard + 50 extra, 500 mini eu of premium swan)

2) I see a lot of people asking for additional attack modifiers deck. Why?

3) Any suggestions about storing and organizing will be appreciated

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Timmerman
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
I have a sword and I'm not afraid to use it
mbmbmbmbmb
Additional attack modifier decks are for people who:
1) want to use variants to play with more than 4 players
or
2) want to have more than 4 active characters and don't want to separate out the decks between games. (So there are 6 people in your game group and each one of you is playing as one of the starting classes. Only 4 of you play at a time but having extra decks would reduce setup time.)

I don't have a copy of the game yet and can't really answer your other questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Mountford
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All the storage-related videos that I've watched seem to indicate that you can sleeve all the cards and still have them fit in the card slots.

I'm also awaiting my copy, and have recently amused myself by ordering and assembling the Broken Token insert for the game. I chose this insert over the others available because of the included monster tuck boxes and the tray for the board pieces (which most other inserts just have you throw in on top). It was, of course, an additional expense, but I can already see how much it's going to help with set-up and tear-down of the game. Plus, it was really fun to put together.

I cannot speak to your second question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias
Germany
flag msg tools
Here's my storage solution with links to some others: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1812915/my-storage-solution...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trang VP
Australia
flag msg tools
Regarding extra attack modifier decks, another reason to get them is just convenience. When your character levels up, s/he gets perks that adds or removes cards to/from the deck. If you anticipate having more than 4 characters created (although not all in play) at any time, then extra decks will be immensely convenient. This is because you will not have to manually reset the deck each time you change characters. My play group only has 4 people, but 2-3 of us have two characters on rotation at any point in time, so it's super useful to have 6-7 decks instead of 4.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.