Labyrinth: The Awakening, 2010 – ?» Forums » Rules

Subject: Civil War, Attrition and only Cells rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Clark
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Perhaps someone can clarify this situation for me in our current game.

As a result of the Serval card I have placed 2 cells in Mali (Governance Poor/Neutral), bringing total cells to 3, and initiated Civil War. There are no awakening markers so no militia appear and no troops in the country either.

My question is during Attrition at the end of round.

Each player counts the number of pieces in the Civil War country:
Militia and Troops (US player) or Cells (Jihadist player). Each group of 6 pieces inflicts one hit on the other player. For groups of 5 or less pieces, roll a die: if the result is less than or equal to the number of pieces, an additional hit is inflicted.

So as i have 3 cells and no enemy pieces, is it correct if I roll 3 or less during the Attrition phase I will inflict "hit" and this will push Mali into Islamic Rule? Or do I need 6 cells to inflict the "hit" or is there something else i need to do to move Mali to IR?

Many thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Poutré
Canada
St-Jean-sur-Richelieu
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Yes... I still like 'em 35 years later...
mbmbmbmbmb
In that case, you would roll a die and if you roll 3 or less, you would first shift Mali's alignment to Adversary (It would remain Poor). During the next Attrition phase, assuming the situation remains the same, another roll of 3 or less would shift it to Islamist Rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Clark
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Ahhh yes hadn't spotted the drift to Adversary first then IR in the rules.

Thanks for the quick response too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.