Chris Smith
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
http://www.youtube.com/user/SmoothCJS
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On the one hand, this sounds awesome and I'm looking forward to it, but on the other..I didn't bother buying deluxe as I don't really want a different styled map in the collection, so it's kinda disappointing to see an expansion that explicitly motivates both to get people buying it

On the other hand, I would love it if it covered multiple of the normal expansion maps which I guess would just annoy other people just the same ^^.

Kinda curious how others feel about this!

Crossed out as it may be that I misunderstand the description on the game page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas G
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Smoothsmith wrote:
On the one hand, this sounds awesome and I'm looking forward to it, but on the other..I didn't bother buying deluxe as I don't really want a different styled map in the collection, so it's kinda disappointing to see an expansion that explicitly motivates both to get people buying it

On the other hand, I would love it if it covered multiple of the normal expansion maps which I guess would just annoy other people just the same ^^.

Where are you getting this information? The summary only states compatibility with all the maps, not a requirement.

"Power Grid: Fabled Expansion offers completely new experiences for both the Power Grid and Power Grid deluxe base games"

It seems to be just an expansion for whichever version you already own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
http://www.youtube.com/user/SmoothCJS
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nicholas8 wrote:
Smoothsmith wrote:

Where are you getting this information? The summary only states compatibility with all the maps, not a requirement.

"Power Grid: Fabled Expansion offers completely new experiences for both the Power Grid and Power Grid deluxe base games"

It seems to be just an expansion for whichever version you already own.

"With two presorted Fable Decks, the players are confronted with exciting challenges in different campaigns on the maps of USA, Germany, Europe or North America." from the description page sounds to me like it's campaigns targeting those 4 maps, but I'm very happy if I'm misunderstanding and it is a general expansion =-).

*Also note that it's partly speculation on the sheer fact that if it is generic and compatible anywhere, specifying these 4 maps rather than 'any power grid map' would seem very odd.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas G
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think I see the confusion; those four maps are included in the base games.

Power Grid comes with USA and Germany.
Power Grid Deluxe comes with Europe and North America.

So this expansion works with both the Power Grid and Power Grid deluxe base games; meaning the four maps included in those base games (two maps each).

Regarding your other point, I've never played the expansion maps so I also couldn't speculate why they are not listed as compatible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tilou
France
flag msg tools
mbmb
There seems to be 4 campaigns for the four base maps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alpha beta
msg tools
tilouboy wrote:
There seems to be 4 campaigns for the four base maps.

Late reply, but anyway: There are definitely a total of two campaigns. One for Europe OR Germany and one for North America OR USA (depending on your base game version).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Compton
United States
Rochester Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know WHY this fabled expansion couldn't/shouldn't be used with the other maps?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aku Diso
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmb
I just played the USA\North America deck and the only real problem would be a card mentioning 3 specific cities (you could use other cities or simply don't use this specific card) and some flavour will be out of place (the President trump card) but still usable.
In maps with few resources the game would stall very easily, imo.
Some new rules are very challenging and we are thinking of using them in regular games...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.