Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Runebound (Third Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Double token rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ddavbro Ddavbro
France
flag msg tools
mb
Is it possible to use the "double" token with the "shield" token?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ddavbro wrote:
Is it possible to use the "double" token with the "shield" token?

Yep!

Put a Shield token on the Doubler token, and then spend them together to block two damage at once!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ddavbro Ddavbro
France
flag msg tools
mb
Thought so!
Thanks Dan!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Reeve
Switzerland
St-Légier
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
Looking for a game session in Switzerland? Send me a pm!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
XeyneGaming wrote:
Ddavbro wrote:
Is it possible to use the "double" token with the "shield" token?

Yep!

Put a Shield token on the Doubler token, and then spend them together to block two damage at once!
Just to be clear about the "at once" : it takes two combat actions to do that :
one to place the shield token on the double one,
then one to use the doubled shield.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Robin wrote:
XeyneGaming wrote:

Put a Shield token on the Doubler token, and then spend them together to block two damage at once!
Just to be clear about the "at once" : it takes two combat actions to do that :
one to place the shield token on the double one,
then one to use the doubled shield.

Actually, the "at once" refers to the two damage, not spending tokens. When you do spend the Doubled Shield, if you spend it only to block 1 damage, you've still spent the whole thing and the "doubler" token was wasted.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stevan Corrêa
Brazil
Brasilia
DF
flag msg tools
badge
Jogo Rápido
Avatar
mb
Robin wrote:
Just to be clear about the "at once": it takes two combat actions to do that :
one to place the shield token on the double one,
then one to use the doubled shield.

Actually, "Spending shields to block damage does not take a combat action" - from Rules Reference Book
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Reeve
Switzerland
St-Légier
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
Looking for a game session in Switzerland? Send me a pm!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
stevancorrea wrote:
Robin wrote:
Just to be clear about the "at once": it takes two combat actions to do that :
one to place the shield token on the double one,
then one to use the doubled shield.

Actually, "Spending shields to block damage does not take a combat action" - from Rules Reference Book
You are right.
But placing a shield on a double is a combat action and cannot be done at the moment of answering to an attack.
Or have I played that wrong?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
admin
designer
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Wenn ich die Zivilisation hinter mir lasse, fühle ich mich sicher (Heinrich Harrer)
Avatar
mb
Robin wrote:
stevancorrea wrote:
Robin wrote:
Just to be clear about the "at once": it takes two combat actions to do that :
one to place the shield token on the double one,
then one to use the doubled shield.

Actually, "Spending shields to block damage does not take a combat action" - from Rules Reference Book
You are right.
But placing a shield on a double is a combat action and cannot be done at the moment of answering to an attack.
Or have I played that wrong?


Nope, you're correct. In general:

- as a combat action, you may place a token on a doubler (so, placing a shield on a doubler is 100% legit and costs a combat action)
- spending the shield placed on a doubler AND the doubler at the same time (and you cannot spend a token on a doubler without spending the doubler) doesn't count as a combat action
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.