Subject: Anti Aircraft - more than 1/area rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Reinhard S.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the beginning I made a mistake:

I thought, that AA could be accumulated like any other Troop type.
When defending against incoming Aircraft, each AA rolled only ONE die and hit with the roll of a "1",

Later I learned, that I had plyed wrong, and that only one AA might be placed /area, but on defence there would be ONE die/PER INCOMING ENEMY AIRCRAFT...

Question to experienced gamers:
Would it be that bad to try this "wrong" rule?

One coul imagine, that enemy bombers could declare, if the bombed the Industrial complex OR the AA. Another question would be, if hte AA would have the same ability in defending against aircraft suppot´rted land invaders...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
Thailand
flag msg tools
Reinhard Sabel wrote:
In the beginning I made a mistake:

I thought, that AA could be accumulated like any other Troop type.
When defending against incoming Aircraft, each AA rolled only ONE die and hit with the roll of a "1",

Later I learned, that I had plyed wrong, and that only one AA might be placed /area, but on defence there would be ONE die/PER INCOMING ENEMY AIRCRAFT...

Question to experienced gamers:
Would it be that bad to try this "wrong" rule?

One coul imagine, that enemy bombers could declare, if the bombed the Industrial complex OR the AA. Another question would be, if hte AA would have the same ability in defending against aircraft suppot´rted land invaders...

I think the original rule was intended to defend IC from SBR at a reasonable cost. On the average, if 6 Bombers make an SBR 1 will be shoot down, leaving 5 more to attack. The total of possible die results is 6+5+4 +3+2+1 =21. So, 5/6 of 21 is 17.5, which is the average total damage to the IC or rather the number of IPC eliminated from this attack. This just a little more than the cost to replace the lost Bomber.

There is another thread where we discuss what might happen away from an IC. The problem with AA there is mostly that they are captured, shoot back at you later, and don't absorb a Hit.

BYW later versions let you have more than 1 AA/terr., but only 1 can fire and all are captured. It just eliminated the problem of having 5 AA and only 4 terr., so what happens?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.