Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James R. Gracen
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
So I learned about the game Pairs, made by Cheapass Games, during their Kickstarter campaign for Tak. I knew nothing about Pairs, but ended up buying a deck since it was pretty cheap. Upon opening it up, I found that Pairs decks are basically Great Dalmuti decks minus the 11's, 12's, and Jesters.

This got me thinking about what other games could I possibly play with a Great Dalmuti deck.

The public domain game known alternately as Asshole/President/Secretary/Scum also known as Tahimi, I believe is the game that Great Dalmuti was partly based on, and is played with a standard deck of cards, and so doesn't apply here.

I did come across Dilbert: Corporate Shuffle, which is simply a re-themed Great Dalmuti deck.

I like the idea of packing the rules to as many games as possible into a single card deck box. Makes it easy when packing for trips. I previously did the same thing with a Rage deck (similar to a Sticheln deck). Here is an updated file with the rules to 40 games playable with a Sticheln deck.

So, does anyone know of any other games which utilize a pyramidal deck such as Great Dalmuti?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James R. Gracen
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I just came across these Geeklists from a couple years ago. The first lists games playable with a 12 Days deck, which is functionally the same as a Great Dalmuti deck.

Games playable with a 12 Days deck

The second Geeklist is just a listing of games which feature a Pyramid-style distribution of cards. These games may or may not work with a Great Dalmuti deck. For instance, Secret Santa uses an *inverse-pyramid* arrangement of cards (12 1's, 11 2's, ..., one 12).

List of Triangle/Pyramid deck card games - Please Add!

Anyone else have any other games to add?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.