Blood Bowl (2016 edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Tackle zones and assists rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sebastian Braggins
United Kingdom
flag msg tools

Hello all.

I am a brand new player and have a couple of questions with regards to tackle zones and assists, I would be grateful for some help.

If I am within a tackle zone or a few due to the opponent moving into me on their turn etc, on my turn if I move within the tackle zone do I make a Dodge roll? From what I can fathom, I could potentially circle an oppenent players 8 squares without rolling for Dodge, but as soon as I leave the tackle zone(s) I will have to roll? Is that correct understanding?

My second question relates to assists. If I am blitzing or blocking an enemy player, who has a player directly in the square behind them so they then affect my strength modifier? Or does the assisting player need to be within line of sight to assist?

Hopefully someone can enlighten me!

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Stevenson
United Kingdom
Watford
Herts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tackle Zones

I'm afraid you've got the wrong end of the stick. Each square surrounding an opponent is its own tackle zone, so you would have to dodge every time you left one. No freely circling opponents I'm afraid.

Assists

The location of the player providing the assist does not matter - provided they have a tackle zone on the target of your block, and they are not otherwise prevented from assisting e.g. if they are themselves in the tackle zone of another opposing player and don't have the Guard skill, then they will give an assist on the block. There are no line of sight rules in Blood Bowl.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Warrender
United States
Rockaway
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Essebee wrote:

Hello all.

I am a brand new player and have a couple of questions with regards to tackle zones and assists, I would be grateful for some help.

If I am within a tackle zone or a few due to the opponent moving into me on their turn etc, on my turn if I move within the tackle zone do I make a Dodge roll? From what I can fathom, I could potentially circle an oppenent players 8 squares without rolling for Dodge, but as soon as I leave the tackle zone(s) I will have to roll? Is that correct understanding?

Yes, you only make a Dodge roll when you are moving from a square which is in a tackle zone. The square you move to will affect if there are any modifiers to that roll.

But if you are just moving from a safe square into a square with a tackle zone, you don't make a Dodge roll for that. However, moving from a tackle zone square to another tackle zone square - you still need to make a Dodge roll.

Quote:
My second question relates to assists. If I am blitzing or blocking an enemy player, who has a player directly in the square behind them so they then affect my strength modifier? Or does the assisting player need to be within line of sight to assist?

In order to assist a tackle, the player must not be in anyone else's tackle zone (of opposing team) and must be adjacent to the opposing team's player making the block. So standing directly behind a teammate would not help them assuming the block was coming from straight on. But standing next to them would.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad P
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Tackle Zones:

It is not about leaving the tackle zone it is leaving the square in the tackle zone.

Assists:

To assist the opposing teams player involved in the Block (attacker or defender) must be in the assisting players tackle zone. No other opposing team player can have a tackle zone on the player trying to assist unless the assisting player has the Guard skill. Where you are in relation to your team mate does not matter, you just have to be next to the opponent's player who is making or receiving the block.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Heineman
United States
LaCrosse
WI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Check this video out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZ7rXRH02AU

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.