8 Posts

Tiny Epic Quest» Forums » General

Subject: Goblin score too much in 2 player game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathan Curry
msg tools
mb
My wife and I have finished 2 games of tiny epic quest now. It seems to me that the goblins are so easy to obtain at the 2 player count (especially if you get an early legendary or two) and they score far too much at higher numbers. The goblins are totaling around 70% of our scores. Is that intentional or are we just playing wrong? To get a movement quest often requires inefficient use of your meeples where you kind of waste a night phase and only get to heal (typically) whereas goblins are an easy source of victory points that also increase your max health.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Mazzone
United States
Maspeth
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting to hear. We played twice at 2 players and only got a couple goblins apiece, there were at least 2-3 occasions where we rested and had to abandon fighting one, so we didnt get credit. A majority of our points came from the spellbook track and 1 or 2 leg weapons each.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Curry
msg tools
mb
Maybe we just got lucky. I know the first game my wife got a bomb early on and the second game I got a boomerang which both really helped. Getting either the shield or the sword is big too. But just looking at the score values, I think it's like 16 points for maxing out the spell track while at 7 goblins killed, I got 20 points. I think I just got my spell level up to 6 or 7 to get close to 10 max energy and focused the rest of the time on goblins. But the goblin scores snowball quickly

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Rabinowitz
United States
Columbia
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another thing to consider is more spells = more max power = more power to put into everything else. Plus points from spells. In tonight's game I got Tome early so went heavy on spells. When later I got Lantern I had so much power that completing temples was easy.

I think it depends on what items you get early. Our previous game my opponent got Leg Sword early and went on a goblin spree.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Molina
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel like I must be using the Legendary Sword wrong or something.

Its only for the equipped Hero. You can only melee one goblin at a time during the night with a Hero. If you get it early the soonest I can realistically see is 2 nights of questing. That leaves 3 days total. That's only 3 goblins slain with the sword. Unless you are dedicating more than 1 Hero a night (those others need to get fists naturally) then you are ignoring either quests/other Legendary items and/or Spell levels I'd think.

I don't see having the sword for 3 rounds, 3 goblins as that much of a game changer. To effectively use it you're gonna need your spell level bumped up to have enough magic. Without the Bow and a LOT of fists I don't see doing massive damage to the goblins in a meaningful way.

What am I missing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tfoz 15
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I finished my first two player game last night (after playing twice solo). I ended up defeating 8 Goblins which really boosted my score in the end. I only had the shield, and obtained the sword on the very last night so I was unable to use it. I think I ended up fighting 1 on the first night, two on the second, third, and fourth, and one on the fifth.

I haven't seemed to focused on the quests much. Still trying to figure this game out but I'm enjoying the process of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Busch

Broomfield
Colorado
msg tools
mb
Our first game (2-player) also saw the player rocking goblins first (and getting the most) beating me by a solid margin (14 points). I got into the goblin game too late and even with Bow, wasn't able to catch up. I went spells first but that got me very little points and even though my max power was a lot higher, it was hard to get it to fill up after the night so I burned turns trying to get to mushroom groves that refilled my power and life. I'm hoping the "goblin rush" strategy isn't as dominant in multiplayer games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Molina
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How were they able to kill so many goblins with so little power to defend with? Were nothing but fists coming up?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.