Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » Rules

Subject: Gorm armour set versus traps rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Trewartha
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Here is a question that just occurred to me which I don't think I have seen elsewhere.... The gorm armour set allows the survivor to guard for free, which is 'at the end of the survivor's attack they move 3 spaces away and block'.

When a trap comes up, the rulebook says 'end the survivors attack then resolve the trap'.

So therefore can a gorm armour survivor guard before the trap resolves potentially partially or fully protecting themselves from it?

It seems quite powerful if so and I haven't seen it discussed anywhere before.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
Sloth might be my spirit animal
badge
Ok, ok, NOW I get it!
mbmbmbmbmb
LivingGlossary wrote:
TRAP

A type of monster hit location. A trap cancels all the attacker's hits, ends their attack, and causes the monster to stand, in addition to the actions listed on the card. After the Trap's actions are resolved, shuffle the entire hit location deck.

Of course you can.

Edit: ok, this one was rushed a bit. You should activate guard anyway, and that is a thing that you do later. It's "free", not automatic.

So, it's a gray area. I'd say no, actually.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harald Brunner
Austria
Steyr
flag msg tools
strewart wrote:
Here is a question that just occurred to me which I don't think I have seen elsewhere.... The gorm armour set allows the survivor to guard for free, which is 'at the end of the survivor's attack they move 3 spaces away and block'.

When a trap comes up, the rulebook says 'end the survivors attack then resolve the trap'.

So therefore can a gorm armour survivor guard before the trap resolves potentially partially or fully protecting themselves from it?

It seems quite powerful if so and I haven't seen it discussed anywhere before.

I would say no.
When something ends your attack, you don't have the "at the end of the attack" step.
It's the same for monsters. When something ends their turn, they won't do things that happen at the end of their turn. ( This is covered in the FAQ).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.