Subject: $50? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sam Pak
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a chance to play this the other night with some friends, and oh my goodness.....I love this game. I was always a fan of Specter Ops (another title by Emerson Matsuuchi), so I went into this game with high expectations. It's elegant, fast, fun, thoughtful, {insert more adjectives here}.

However...I am a little taken aback by the cost of this game right now. $50 on Amazon?? Honestly, it's pretty light in terms of components. Yes, they are higher quality components (metal coins and plastic bowls, tarot cards and cubes), but I'm not sure they warrant the price point this has.

I know you can find the game other places for a little cheaper right now, but even $40 is pushing it for me. CoolStuffInc had it for $32, but is out of stock (boy, I wonder why )

I know a lot of people compare it to Splendor in terms of complexity. Splendor doesn't skimp on the components either, what with those heavy poker chips, and that's currently $20 on Amazon! Is it because its debut at Origins was not long ago and therefore its in high demand? Can we ever expect to see this game at a similar price point to Splendor?

Someone please set me straight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gordy
United States
Eden Prairie
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If it is $50 at Amazon, it is likely because it is between print runs and is currently dealing with scarce inventory and high demand. When in stock, the game sells for $34.99 at Cool Stuff Inc
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kharasho Khariosa
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Currently for $30 at GameNerdz.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kissell
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Because of how Amazon does pricing, they are never the best way to judge "normal" prices.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle A
United States
Norfolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
you might want to check out the threads relating to Splendor's recent quality of printings...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just curious, is this a case of "supply & demand" driving the price upwards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Mesa
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Cool Stuff inc. was at Florida Supercon and they were selling copies of the game there. Managed to get it for 35$. I'm guessing they saved some of their stock for the con since its currently sold out online.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Young
United States
Orange Park
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The Plan B webstore is stocked - plus we just got restocked on playmats.

Great opportunity to get both!

PlanBGames.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lieven De Puysseleir
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
trust me, I'm a dentist
badge
we don't lie, we use statistics
mbmbmbmbmb
Even in Europe, Belgium it was only about 25€ when I bought it couple weeks back. No reason to buy for 50$.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.