Isaac Childres
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello!

Josh made way too many completion token designs, and now we have to decide with ones will actually be included in the game. Each of these is intended to be white or black ink screen-printed onto a colored piece of wood, roughly 1.5-2cm in size. Pick as many as you like, and the ones with the most votes will be chosen.

Poll
Which designs do you like the best?
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
62.8% 864
49.6% 683
51.4% 707
28.3% 390
31.2% 429
24.6% 338
35.2% 484
32.2% 443
50.1% 690
18.4% 253
34.9% 480
65.5% 901
52.7% 725
Voters 1376
This poll is now closed.   1376 answers
Poll created by Cephalofair
Closes: Sun Aug 6, 2017 6:00 am
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Ruane
United Kingdom
Alfrick
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I do worry that we're voting on which ones we like best, not whether, as a set, they work well together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kath D
msg tools
What are the completion tokens used for in the game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Schwartzkopf
United States
Orange
CA
flag msg tools
admin
badge
The science of history is a great bulwark against the stream of Time; in a way it checks this irresistible flood, it holds in a tight grasp whatever it can seize floating on the surface and will not allow it to slip away into the depths of oblivion
mbmbmbmbmb
Hah, my votes were almost all at "the bottom" of vote tallies. Sounds about right lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SoCal Steve
msg tools
mbmbmb
They are just graphics. I don't think it matters which 6 'we' choose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean M
United States
Ft. Mitchell
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oniony wrote:
I do worry that we're voting on which ones we like best, not whether, as a set, they work well together.

Maybe that's one way to think about it when picking which you like the most.

Personally, I like the idea of having a variety of looks to represent the diversity in Gloomhaven. Not really race-specific, since there won't be enough for all of the races, but designs that give you a feel of the races collaborating on the the biggest, most important buildings in Gloomhaven. That would be a great way to bring more theme and world-building to this game and the Gloomhaven setting overall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Einheber
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Indeed! I'd like to see some diversity in design. Not too many gears or houses...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steph Hodge
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Well, it's no Ginkgopolis...
mbmbmbmbmb
oniony wrote:

I voted for the 6 I liked best as a set....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eli K.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have tried to choose from a various races/cultures point of view ... the collaboration Sean M. mentioned is a really good point.
In the end it depends a bit on how they will be printed ... on-screen I really like colour on white better than black on colour.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Kossowan
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure what these are supposed to communicate, but I voted anyway! :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Andresen
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oniony wrote:

I agree. I think it would look better as a set to keep a uniform design theme by using the white screen printing on colored pieces rather than mix in one or two pieces with black screen printing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Childres
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
oniony wrote:

Fair enough. I might take some liberties with the results, if, say, there are too many gear buildings or not enough diversity in color.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jussi-Pekka Jokinen
Finland
Riihimäki
flag msg tools
At me!
badge
For the Marquise!
mbmbmbmbmb
They all look nice, but I'm gravitating towards anything non-triangle shaped.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sid Rain
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I gravitated towards the ones that had more distinctive overall shapes. Some of them when you look at the outside shape (ignoring whatever is happening on the insides) look kind of same-y. 1/9/12 all felt like they fit within a family well together, yet distinctive enough from each other you could tell them apart.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Dolan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not much love for the brewery... Poor #6. You got my vote
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Mountford
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cephalofair wrote:
oniony wrote:

Fair enough. I might take some liberties with the results, if, say, there are too many gear buildings or not enough diversity in color.

Also, once those custom houses are designed, that may impact what you think the city's prestige buildings look like. My first priority is that it look "Gloomhaven-y" ... and I trust your judgement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt M
United States
NoVA
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Obsidiox wrote:

Definitely - Gloomhavenites need beer!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Ralanders
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Yeah, for me I wouldn't want more than one of 4,10,12 even though individually I like all three since I would like only a single cogwheel, and similarly I would like only one of 1,2,3,8. Also 9 and 13 are a bit similar. 7 is unique.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rav
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Obsidiox wrote:

That's not a wastewater treatment plant? surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Thisner
Canada
Vancouver
flag msg tools
mellman99 wrote:
Obsidiox wrote:

Definitely - Gloomhavenites need beer!

HAHAHA! darn! I completly missed that could be beer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lesley COLIN
Belgium
Tisselt
flag msg tools
mb
Imo the most beautiful result will be that the designer makes 6 designs in the same style as the winner of the poll. Otherwise it's going to be a lish mash of styles. Unless isaac had athis in mind to make 6 different styles. To underline the differences. I prefer one style. More streamlined for a euro game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Phillips
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Clearly I have common tastes. 5 of my 6 picks were in the 6 highest vote tallies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Martell
New Zealand
Lower Hutt
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
oniony wrote:

I agree.

I guess I'm subjective, but I see stylistic groupings:

1, 2 and 3 are similar
4, 10 and 12
5, 8 and 11
6, 9 and 13

I can't put 7 anywhere, its kind of unique.

I'm hoping that each of these groups is represented with 1, and no more than 2, in terms of diversity. At the moment 1, 2 and 3 would all make it, while the 5/8/11 group misses out entirely.

This could be achieved by taking 6 of the current top 8.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What is with all the votes for 1,2 & 3? They are all almost the same nothing different besides the color. I for one am hoping for all different styles and colors so they stand out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Doe
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Wow, Nice, All of mine were top choices except for one which I liked and almost picked that one anyway, I will say they should've done all the pieces in black, my first time I looked I was making some choices on just color not design. Glad I took a breather and just decided to pick on design.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.