G N
United States
Carol Stream
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess I should put all this in a spoiler window:

Spoiler (click to reveal)
So I have progressed to Agenda 2b Sudden Chaos during the Mythos phase because I skipped 2a as having already play Extracurricular Activty. I spawn the random abomination in the Clover Club Lounge. I am there as well with the Clover Club Pit Boss engaged with me. After setting up 2b I progress to 3a Chaos in the Clover Club.

I spend my investigator phase fighting the abomination. I wound it some during my 3 actions but do not defeat it. I begin the enemy phase. Agenda 3a forces me to discard all criminals at the same spot as the abomination. I discard the Clover Club Pit Boss who has a victory point.

I am probably over thinking this but my question is do I put him in the discard pile or my victory pile. The reason I ask is the RR on page 21 under Victory Display, Victory points 2nd paragraph says "An encounter card worth victory points that is overcome by the investigators is stored in the victory display until the end of the scenario" Did the investigator overcome the pit boss or no? It is the abomination that essentially defeated him or killed him through the forced action of Agenda 3a. Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Kayati
United States
Worthington
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, discard to the encounter discard pile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Eklund
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it's further on that page: "As a victory point enemy is DEFEATED..."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G N
United States
Carol Stream
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But the third bullet point under defeat on page 8 says "If an enemy has as much or more damage on it as it has health, that enemy is defeated and placed on the encounter discard pile (or on its owner’s discard pile if it is a weakness)."

No damage was applied under the effect saying to discard it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B.D. Flory
United States
New York
flag msg tools
You were correct to discard the enemy without sending him to the Victory Display. Only defeated enemies go to the display, and discarding an enemy is not defeating it.

While there are card effects that add enemies directly to the victory display, or defeat (distinct from discard) enemies without doing damage, without such a card effect, you have to defeat an enemy by dealing sufficient damage to add it to the victory display.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.