RAF: The Battle of Britain 1940» Forums » General

Subject: Eagle Target cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Abel H
msg tools
mbmbmb
Subject: Eagle Raid Planning
Need some perspectives. Here is my question.

I draw 10 target cards.

1. To be sure, I do not need to attack all ten, correct?

2. May I select let's say only 3 or 4 from the ten or is there a minimum limit out of the ten?

3. May I select only those that I wish to attack (as long as it is a valid raid per the priority marker), let's say all airfields or all radar--and discard the rest of the cards?

4. Finally in arranging the attacks, can I arrange the attacks as desired or do I need to follow the order that the cards were drawn? Example: I may wish to do all airfield attacks first so later attacks have limited squadron responses.

Look forward to your perspective.

Thanks, Abel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Holt
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only requirement is that at least 3 of the "drawn" cards must be for Major Raids. If there aren't 3 in the initial drawing of 10, keep drawing until you get to 3.

What you do with those raids is entirely up to you. You are not required to actually perform any raids. Any raids you do select can be placed in any time slot (assuming no morning haze, with a max of 3 per time slot) and within that time slot, raids can be performed in any order. And even though you must have 3 Major raids available, there is no requirement that says you must use them.. You can have all minor raids if you so choose.

Tony
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael McCalpin
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tpholt wrote:
The only requirement is that at least 3 of the "drawn" cards must be for Major Raids. If there aren't 3 in the initial drawing of 10, keep drawing until you get to 3.

What you do with those raids is entirely up to you. You are not required to actually perform any raids. Any raids you do select can be placed in any time slot (assuming no morning haze, with a max of 3 per time slot) and within that time slot, raids can be performed in any order. And even though you must have 3 Major raids available, there is no requirement that says you must use them.. You can have all minor raids if you so choose.

And that is why Eagle is so much fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abel H
msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for the response. Your perspective is how I have been playing it. I focus on airfields and radar to give future raids better chances. AH
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.