Sword & Sorcery» Forums » Rules

Subject: Guardian rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
joram silvano
Spain
flag msg tools
2 questions
1. If i roll 2 bolts, i can perform an extra attack agains the same enemy. If i roll another 2 bolts,i can perform an extra attack?
2. I roll 1 star and 2 bolts. I win 1 shield and another attack. If in the second attack y roll another star, i gain another shield?

Thx and sorry for my english

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What equipment or skills are you referring to?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joram silvano
Spain
flag msg tools
Guardian. An sword for dex and str.
1 hit 1 red 2 blue
Stas: Until time phase, when defending, +1 shield
Bolt bolt: Perform an extra attack with this weapon against the same enemy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rezard Vareth
United States
flag msg tools
ilanor wrote:
1 hit 1 red 2 blue
I believe that you can activate the same abilities again on the extra attack - it's a separate attack, so activated abilities refresh (and things like +1H would not carry over).

EDIT: but you can't get +2S from this attack. As efren notes, you can only get each bonus from a given resource once.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
By my reading of the rules, the double bolt effect can be used to chain multiple attacks if you happen to luck into double bolts for each attack.

The rules state that the "Combat System is used to manage any attack" and that "An effect cannot be activated more than once" (see section 9, p. 32). This implies that the effect cannot be activated more than once per attack.

So as long as the double bolt effect doesn't say something like "once per round" you can indeed chain multiple attacks as long as you continue to roll double bolts for each subsequent attack.

Same for the extra armor. You can't activate it multiple times in a single attack, but if you chain multiple attacks you could potentially activate it each time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M V
msg tools
mbmb
ilanor wrote:
2 questions
1. If i roll 2 bolts, i can perform an extra attack agains the same enemy. If i roll another 2 bolts,i can perform an extra attack?
2. I roll 1 star and 2 bolts. I win 1 shield and another attack. If in the second attack y roll another star, i gain another shield?

1)NO.
I guess you refer to most melee weapons.
when you get extra Attacks is specified "once" in all cases so you only get a single extra attack.

2)YES
manual says each attack has different effect assignement... unless specified otherwise. (in case 1 its specified).

remember each attack damage has to be calculated separately... that means for example you remove armor for each attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rezard Vareth
United States
flag msg tools
VonDodo wrote:
ilanor wrote:
2 questions

1)NO.
I guess you refer to most melee weapons.
when you get extra Attacks is specified "once" in all cases so you only get a single extra attack.

2)YES
manual says each attack has different effect assignement... unless specified otherwise. (in case 1 its specified).

remember each attack damage has to be calculated separately... that means for example you remove armor for each attack.
Did you just make up your answer to one? If not, what page of the rules is it on?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
efren almenglo
Spain
flag msg tools
RezardVareth wrote:
ilanor wrote:
1 hit 1 red 2 blue
I believe that you can activate the same abilities again on the extra attack - it's a separate attack, so activated abilities refresh (and things like +1H would not carry over).

I think +1 shield does not stack (same effect from same resource) but you can chain attack with double bolts on and on
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rezard Vareth
United States
flag msg tools
I forgot about the same effect/resource rule. I agree with efren now though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.