Evolution: Climate» Forums » General

Subject: Card size consistency in newest printing rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
The newest printing just arrived in the UK and I grabbed a copy.

The cards are supplied as three decks, a large one containing just trait cards, a smaller deck of traits cards, and another containing further trait cards plus the climate event cards. On unwrapping them and shuffling all the traits together, I discover that there's a very perceptible difference between the dimensions and corner radii of the cards from the different decks.

Has anyone else spotted this? I'm trying very hard not to let it bug me, and even harder not to memorise which traits are on which cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian S.
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
01010011 01001000 01000001 01001100 01001100 00100000 01010111 01000101 00100000 01010000 01001100 01000001 01011001 00100000 01000001 00100000 01000111 01000001 01001101 01000101 00111111
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not super picky, but I don't like surprises either. Hopefully, yours (no offense) is just an anomaly. Hope so as I purchased promos in anticipation of the reprint.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Voge III
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have any issues, please contact customerservice (at) North Star Games (dot) com, and they should be able to help you.

Hope this helps,

Bruce
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E Braude
msg tools
mbmbmb
I seem to have this problem as well with the new printing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate
United States
flag msg tools
My new printing also has this issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Royer

Florida
msg tools
Thank you for pointing this out. I have a Climate 2nd print and I thought it was weird how the card decks were divided. I was also wondering why the trait cards in this game shuffled so badly! In my copy, the Ambush (7), Burrowing (7), and Carnivore (23) cards are slightly shorter than the rest of the deck. Those are the first three traits, alphabetically.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hillery
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the same problem. I contacted North Star at the email address Bruce listed above, and they sent me a new deck in less than a week. These shuffle just fine.

As an aside, the deck they sent me was shrinkwrapped with a set of Hot and Cold event cards. However, these cards were misprints - they had the wrong backs (ice on the Hot cards and vice-versa). I've read about that being an issue in earlier printings as well. So I'm guessing this is what happened:

1. First edition comes out. All cards are same size, but the Event card backs are wrong.

2. North Star orders a new batch of cards for later printings and errata with the corrected card backs. The Event cards were printed in the same deck as the Ambush, Burrowing, and Carnivore cards, so they just re-ordered the whole deck and started replacing those decks in the box.

3. But, unfortunately, this reprint deck was cut slightly smaller than the decks from the first printing. So sadly, North Star replaced a cosmetic defect with a functional defect.

I've kept my reprinted (correct backs) Event cards - they are slightly smaller than the Trait cards, but since they never get shuffled with the Trait deck it's irrelevant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.