Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Donnelly
Canada
Unspecified
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got the compendium today, and while paging through it my eyes fell on p.118, where the assertion is made that "Smokey" Smith was the only Canadian soldier to receive the Victoria Cross in the whole war.

That's rather insulting to the other TEN Canadian Army recipients (not including one Canadian serving with the British Army in Burma, and four serving in the Navy and Air Force).

I know this series isn't big on history, but that page is presented as genuine biographical material, and the facts are not hard to find.

Shame on you, Devil Pig! shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dusty 27
Canada
Grande Prairie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow I didn't know that. I appreciate you pointing that out.

I see that you have a Canada Badge. Did you receive your pledge in Canada and if so could you say what province your from?

I am from Grande Prairie / Clairmont Alberta. Maybe I could get it this week! Excitement abound!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Donnelly
Canada
Unspecified
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know you won't want to hear this, but there was no pledge. I ordered it from Meeplemart!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
clem seurat
France
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all, I'm Clem from DPG.
Sorry for the mistake. Obviously we didn't want to upset our Canadian friends. Who wants to do that? Our informations were not true, so we'll fix it in the next edition. Once again, please, excuse us for this mistake.
Clem
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmb
picoloclem wrote:
... we didn't want to upset our Canadian friends. Who wants to do that? ...

The 12th SS Panzer Division didn't seem to mind trying to upset Canadians. You don't seem to be anything like them though.

Maybe I'll start a thread to account for any errors found?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaufschtick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
P.O.G.G. wrote:
picoloclem wrote:
... we didn't want to upset our Canadian friends. Who wants to do that? ...

The 12th SS Panzer Division didn't seem to mind trying to upset Canadians. You don't seem to be anything like them though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.