Subject: Reprint rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Veljko Dobrijevic
Croatia
Split
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this going to get a reprint any time soon ?
Because I see some greedy price-gougers are selling it for sky-high prices, while Miniature Market lists it as preorder (so unless it's a mistake that means they're expecting to get it at some time in the future), and stupid Philibert notified me it was back in stock but it went out of stock again in just a few days (maybe it was a mistake or they only ordered one copy)...
The original base game and expansions are very hard to find and expensive, so the big box version would save money for me...

P.S.
After some more research I have discovered that a reprint is indeed planned (but don't know when) :
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1717893/reprint-coming
but also that the Carson City Big Box edition retail version doesn't include a lot of stuff that the Kickstarter version did, some of which is really essential (which is seriously stupid for a big box version costing so much) :
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1623349/carson-city-vs-cars...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max
Spain
Cantabria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Essential? like what? I have it, and the KS exclusives are just wooden pieces and player boards and aids. You can play the game perfectly without them, like we all did for years before the KS...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Collin Pastorius
United States
Great Mills
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mazmaz wrote:
Essential? like what? I have it, and the KS exclusives are just wooden pieces and player boards and aids. You can play the game perfectly without them, like we all did for years before the KS...

I second this. I have the retail version and it was worth the $100 price I paid for it though MM. The only wooden pieces I would want from the KS version would be the individual player Dice for dueling. But the game still functions without them. They're just a nicety.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Veljko Dobrijevic
Croatia
Split
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I and many others consider player aids as an essential, and not a KS bling-addon. As for the cheap mass-made wooden houses (and other wooden components), it's just stupid for them not to be part of the basic package (especially for such a large price, there are other big box games with more stuff for significantly less money). KS addonss should be something more special and more expensive than silly little wooden houses and meeples (that's just basic cheap game components) - something like hand painted figures or something cast in metal or something unique...
As for the price, a true dedicated fan will say any price "was worth it", and to him/her it very well may be, but objectively compared to similar games it can still be a rip off...
I don't wish to start an argument about stuff I already know, I started this thread to find some info which I already have. No offense to anyone...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mesich
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Horta chortles.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
colcakes196 wrote:
mazmaz wrote:

I second this. I have the retail version and it was worth the $100 price I paid for it though MM. The only wooden pieces I would want from the KS version would be the individual player Dice for dueling. But the game still functions without them. They're just a nicety.

Have you tried the gun tiles?

*holds in rant*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Collin Pastorius
United States
Great Mills
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mmesich wrote:
colcakes196 wrote:
mazmaz wrote:

Have you tried the gun tiles?

*holds in rant*

Are you referring to the round chits used for the ammunition? If so then yes. Don't get me wrong, I love wooden components in games. The artwork on everything in this game is perfect though. The wooden versions are one solid color and so they kind of detract from the thematic feel, but the chips are colored to match the theme. Same goes for the horses. Everything made of chipboard in this is really thick anyway, so it's not like they're cheaply made.

If you're referring to the dueling tiles, I'm sorry you had to read the above. I haven't had the chance to play with them yet as everyone I've played with likes using the dice. I know there is at least one play in my future using them when I play with people in my group that hate the randomness of dice.

Continuing into my rant though... Getting both the base game and both expansions along with a few promos and other items in the retail version seems more than worth it to spend the $100. The replayability of this game with everything is insane. I could play this every day for the rest of my life and not play the same game twice. That's with all 17 double sided roles and the double sided paperboy, along with the randomized setup of the town center and mountains, the double sided board, the randomization of the building draw, and the expansion modules. I really don't think it's worth it to complain about the value/price and to just get it. I am not sorry that I'm missing anything from the KS version one at all. The multiple dice would just be a convenience factor of not having to pass the dice around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tod Andrew
Australia
Wollongong
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm happy with the big box, but doubt I'll ever get to play all the different things in it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Hensel
United States
Bryan
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Have games, Will travel
mbmbmbmbmb
colcakes196 wrote:
... The multiple dice would just be a convenience factor of not having to pass the dice around.

My first exposure to the game was looking at the Kickstarter, I didn't see wisdom in laying out $100 for a game that might only be played once. However, I used the Geek Market to pick up a "previously owned" copy of the base game and the first expansion. Knowing about the player dice in the Kickstarter, I bought dice in the player colors.

Concerning paying $100 for the retail big box, if you play it more than 10 times, it's less expensive per play than taking someone to the movies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mesich
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Horta chortles.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have about 450 games in my collection. All my gaming friends have large collections of their own.

Carson City is the one game that has been truly perennial and by far my most played board game (excluding backgammon).

Gun Tiles - River Side - 5 players - Random Roles and Flip the Roles to determine side - Outlaws since they were introduced - Horses since they were introduced.

I've been playing it consistently since the original came out.

I think the reason is that each game is so very different in feel with the randomized roleset and the base game itself (with gun tiles) is just so well crafted and FUN that even first-timers have a great time and clamor for a repeat play to try and put what they think they've learned from this game into the next one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had contacted the publisher and they said it was being shipped to the US, and they didn't have an idea of when it would be there, but to wait up to two months and that I could contact MM to see when they expected it to come in. Any OLGS I have contacted never really know when it is coming in, so I passed on that idea. Still, two months later and my order sits.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B S
United States
redondo beach
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"didn't have any idea when it would arrive" - seem's like a publisher cop-out : you're telling me they aren't tracking where their stock is at any time?!

I'm interested, but not sure I want to tie up $ for 2 months + with a publisher that doesnt "have any idea" !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the e-mail to show what it was they exactly said, but I've never gotten so little of info about when a game is suppose to hit North America when it is already out elsewhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scottish Zombie

Pretty Groovy
msg tools
When there's no more room left in Hell...
badge
We have wee, not-so-wee, and FRIGGIN' HUGE!
mbmbmbmbmb
I had CC: Big Box pre-ordered back in April with some other games from CSI. Finally cancelled the order in July to get the other games shipped so I could play them while camping. August now and it still hasn't arrived? And the publisher has no idea where there shipment is??? Sounds fishy to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Round two. I e-mailed the publisher and MM. No word from MM. Publisher asked me where I preordered from as there are copies in the US and at GenCon. I will update when I know more. MM has listed items as preorders only to find out they were never getting copies in. I checked Board Game Prices and everything is listed as preorder or way over priced. I went and checked some other OLGS and nada.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T K
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At Boardgamebliss they occasionally had this in stock and at this moment there is 1 available for about ~90 USD.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From MM.

Quote:
At this time the only information we have indicates that it will be released before the end of the year, but nothing more specific. Please note, release date information is always tentative and subject to change by the manufacturer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Miniature market didn't order from us for a while because we ran out of Carson City Big Boxes for retail purposses.

We will be reprinting the game at the end of 2017.

Sorry that I can't be of more assistance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Game Steward
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI, we have 6 copies of the Kickstarter Edition (with all the exclusives) available in the BGG marketplace and our website.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Good Afternoon,

Regretfully we have been informed by the manufacturer that Carson City: Big Box is not going to be released to retailers. We do apologize for the inconvenience that this may cause, and a refund will be processed for the cancelled item. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding on this matter. Please let us know if there is anything further we may assist you with and thank you for choosing Miniature Market.

So, yeah.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Ott
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
matthean wrote:
Quote:
Good Afternoon,

Regretfully we have been informed by the manufacturer that Carson City: Big Box is not going to be released to retailers. We do apologize for the inconvenience that this may cause, and a refund will be processed for the cancelled item. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding on this matter. Please let us know if there is anything further we may assist you with and thank you for choosing Miniature Market.

So, yeah.

Good start to the Capstone partnership.

Bummed (kinda?) that I didn't grab one of the original releases for $98 when they popped up at MM a few weeks ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Veljko Dobrijevic
Croatia
Split
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was recently told by the publishers they were going to publish a new version of the Big Box edition (something between the current retail Big Box and the KS Big Box) in early 2018.
I sure hope they haven't changed their mind, I'm going to ask them about it again...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark whitmore
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any news on this great version of the game would be greatly appreciated!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.