Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Lowe
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
The Flat Earth Game Votaries met at Jason and Brandi's house for the weekly session.

ROLL CALL: Scott, Chris, Brandi, Jason

Brandi said she was up for a light game, so we picked Metro. Now here's a game that was a staple of sorts a year ago yet hasn't been played much lately. It was good to see this light, sometimes nasty, game again.

In the beginning everyone concentrated on their own tracks. Nobody was particularly nasty to anyone else for about the first half of the game. As the board started to fill up, the tile placement choices started to dwindle, and the nastiness naturally picked up. I found the perfect tile to close one of Brandi's and one of Scott's trains for a measly two points each. I was fully expecting to take the heat from both of them for this devilish play, but Chris got me off the hook on the very next move. He placed a tile that did the exact same thing -- close out one of Brandi's and Scott's trains for a measly two points each! Now they both had lost two trains for minimal scores, but at least I wasn't the lone target anymore. laugh

The board was filling quickly, so everyone scrambled to either maximize their last one or two trains or close off an opponent's train if possible. I had one last train that was guaranteed to score 16 points, but I wasn't sure if it was enough to catch Chris. I tried to cut off his last two trains as best I could, but I ended up two points shy of catching him. Scott had some early trains that scored big, and Brandi had a surprisingly long train score right at the end, so the scores were quite close.

Final Scores: Chris 61, Jason 59, Brandi 56, Scott 55.

Ah, another pleasant trip on the Metro. Definitely glad we brought this one out again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.