Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Bowles
United States
Depauw
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
He guys,

We're not sure we are using the Bite cards correctly with the Lycanthropes. The way we are playing it, when they bite, the Bite card is placed on the villager closets to the town discard pile. During clean up, any villagers with a bite condition are set off the board with the Bite card on them. When the Full Moon card is played, all those villagers with Bite cards are placed on the bottom of the traveler deck, the Bite cards go back to the pile and the monster power track receives four points for each villager bitten.

Is this correct or what are we doing wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Anderson
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
shadowsclassic wrote:
He guys,

We're not sure we are using the Bite cards correctly with the Lycanthropes. The way we are playing it, when they bite, the Bite card is placed on the villager closets to the town discard pile. During clean up, any villagers with a bite condition are set off the board with the Bite card on them. When the Full Moon card is played, all those villagers with Bite cards are placed on the bottom of the traveler deck, the Bite cards go back to the pile and the monster power track receives four points for each villager bitten.

Is this correct or what are we doing wrong?

Bites play out a little more abstractly.
When a bite is added, it goes into the town discard pile.
A round or 2 later, it is drawn during Town Refresh.
Per its text, you then draw another card to sit on it. If this is another Bite you put that into the discard and try again. Continue until you get a Wall, a Villager, or a Corpse.
It is possible to have a bit wall or a bit corpse. That's allowed. And one of the ways to remove a Bite from your town is by removing a bit corpse, or kicking a bit Infiltrator out of town. Other times you'll get lucky and a bit villager will die. In this case the Bite leaves town with the Villager.
When the Full Moon is revealed, any Bit Villagers - that is, Villagers who happen to be sitting on a Bite card in the five Town Square spaces this round - will be placed on the bottom of the Traveler deck and grant the monsters power as described. So in theory it's possible that a Full Moon comes and goes without anyone turning, even if you have several Bites in your Town deck. That's how it goes when you manage to keep everyone away from moonlight on the right evening.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bowles
United States
Depauw
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Uh, I feel like such an idiot now. I swear I read the card, but it just didn't jive for some reason. Thanks for clarifying this and thanks for Shadowrift, My son and I love it and are looking forward to getting Skittering Darkness when it comes out! ...and the next expansion, and the next, and next...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elias Helfer
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is not at all how I read that card! I somehow thought you put them aside, piling them up until the full moon came up. That makes so much more sense. Also, that makes it a lot less brutal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Anderson
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
eliashelfer wrote:
That is not at all how I read that card! I somehow thought you put them aside, piling them up until the full moon came up. That makes so much more sense. Also, that makes it a lot less brutal.

Yup! It's possible for bit villagers to, like, have locked themselves in their basement.
Also worth a note: the Heal spell from the base set says you can remove an Affliction from "a discard pile."
Bites are Afflictions, and the Town Discard is a valid target.
(Fun fact: I literally wrote the card that way specifically to allow for that possibility, even though I hadn't designed the Lycanthrope faction yet, because I thought it would be cool if an eventual Afflictions-in-Town-Deck effect could be responded to with Heal.)
If I'm remembering correctly, Blossoming Staff allows a similar interaction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.