United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
What wargame or wargames have you just obtained? Please post your wargames that are newly in-hand.

That is...

HOLD OFF UNTIL THEY ARE PHYSICALLY IN YOUR POSSESSION.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Hobden
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Time of Crisis

The buzz about this wargame on BGG is just to strong to ignore.

Plus I have this rekindled interest in that period of History in Europe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mo Caraher
Canada
Thunder Bay
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mb
The Seven Days of 1809

Via a pay-it-forward group.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eren Koyunoglu
Turkey
Istanbul
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gettysburg: Lee's Greatest Gamble and Antietam: Burnished Rows of Steel. Still waiting for Colonial Twilight: The French-Algerian War, 1954-62 from the last month, I wonder if its got lost in the mail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark taylor
United Kingdom
Dunstable
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Bought on BGG and pre stickered....jackpot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cavallari
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waldon
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Delivered yesterday from MMP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Target for Today

A remake of some old game I dunno if you have ever heard of.

I'm really looking forward to experiencing the fun some of you were having while I was losing at Monopoly!

Nice to have a few golden oldies in my collection. I am on the fence about The Russian Campaign over in P500.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got this "moderate complexity, low-footprint" game. It's intriguing. Certainly an unusually small map for a strategic-level game so the low-footprint thing isn't an idle boast!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Garner
United States
Fayetteville
Arkansas
flag msg tools
also Game Developer
badge
Personal LnLT Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
A great expansion for a great tactical wargame system. The big maps are awesome and the counters add cool new units, all of which provides the basis for some epic WWII tactical-scale battles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soren
United States
Falls Church
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

The odd thing about this game is that I can't find anywhere a reference to War at Sea--not on the box, not in the rulebook; no credit or thanks are given by the people currently listed as the designers. Very strange when it's simply an adaptation of the original Avalon Hill game. I like it because it's one of the few wargames where I can just sit there with a non-wargaming friend and make ka-boom sounds constantly for a couple of hours.

I'm not really sure how I feel about this one or its brother game, Don't Tread on Me. Half of me feels like they're just long repetitive gauntlets of maximizing my mathematical efficiency (with some really nice helpings of clever historical detail added in), but the other half thinks, "Wow, I don't have to even read the rules before I begin!" That is seductive.

Oh, and I almost forgot this one...

From the publisher:

"Fire When You Have a Moment! is Self-Inflicted Wound Games’ new so-so title simulating the final Allied assault on Berlin in 1945.

"There is nothing at all innovative in the game; it’s simply covering well-trod ground but in a new shiny package with a name no one’s quite thought of yet, plus cool cover art. Though impressively massive in size, consisting of three 22” x 34” maps and over 2400 counters, it does not even remotely 'put a high premium on playability,' producing a veritable fountain of errata from the get-go and almost, but not quite, requiring a 2nd edition. The possibility of that 2nd edition will be bandied about for years by wishful thinkers before we say yes or no to it. It’s kind of a moot point, as after one-third of a play or so, it’ll wind up on your shelf, mostly forgotten.

"The game comes with a 48-page rulebook which will be helpful, but not entirely; because the Internet-friendly concept of living rules has given us an easy out from doing as much playtesting as we probably should, you should think of them as a good, solid first draft of how the game should be played. Hopefully you, the consumer, will sort of finish designing the game for us via online forums many purchasers of the game don't even look at--that’ll really help us to move on and crank out the next new title for you to buy and kinda regret for doing so.

"The box does include one unique feature: a tiny list of people who might actually A) sit down for a full face-to-face play with you and B) play the game more than once to actually explore its nuances and strategies. (Note: Since the list was taken from the original subscriber base of The General, not all contact information is current.)

"So if you’re looking for a product to give you that exciting new-game sensation for 45 blissful minutes only to quickly make you realize you’ve got another dust-collector on your hands, Fire When You Have a Moment! has it all: tons of rules and exceptions, long setup time, and a decidedly unpolished feel. Attack!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alonso Alvarez
Mexico
MTY NL
flag msg tools
Coming soon!
mbmbmbmbmb
Just received some COIN:

I printed out the corrected cards for Colonial Twilight: The French-Algerian War, 1954-62 and used sleeves, GMT will eventually replace them.

Also one that I have been trying to obtain for a while:

Target for Today is still MIA but I am confident in Legion to deliver.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Jackson
United States
Indianapolis
IN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just received a N:Napoleonic Wars in trade. Thanks Kyle!
Bought a Combat Veteran as well received from ebay today
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eren Koyunoglu
Turkey
Istanbul
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ErenKoyunoglu wrote:
Gettysburg: Lee's Greatest Gamble and Antietam: Burnished Rows of Steel. Still waiting for Colonial Twilight: The French-Algerian War, 1954-62 from the last month, I wonder if its got lost in the mail.

And it has arrived.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivor Bolakov
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Two today.

Sounds painful.

Rude.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Andrew Hartman
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just arrived from NWS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Schorfheide
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Picked this up from CSI:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Axford
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sgbyou wrote:
Just arrived from NWS.

Planning on picking up Yanks 2nd Ed from them here shortly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim F
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Who knew trench warfare could be such fun?
badge
Ashwin in front of Tiger 131
mbmbmbmbmb

I'm sure I saw someone post on the C3i Facebook thread they had got a copy of Illusions of Glory.

Nobody here got one yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Keiser
United States
Waunakee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Keiser
United States
Waunakee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Sautman
United States
Evans
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Two recent Pay it Forwards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Howe
United States
El Sobrante
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ashiefan wrote:

I'm sure I saw someone post on the C3i Facebook thread they had got a copy of Illusions of Glory.

Nobody here got one yet?

Mine arrived yesterday. Not sure how to link pics, but I uploaded one of the contents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Donnelly
Canada
Unspecified
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Teutons!: Assaults on the West, 1870-1940

Three games in one nice package. Looks intriguing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Colonial Twilight

Nice start to the day! A Friday too. Wohoo!

I was on the fence about this one. Not a conflict I was drawn to, two factions and one bot. I quite enjoy the four factions in Cuba Libre, though I'm not sure how much of a riot it is to play the Syndicate.

But on the other hand, I like the idea of having one COIN game that is two factions only, and I like to have a few conflicts in my collection that were not on my radar. Colonial twilight? Why not. I'm really looking forward to Gandhi as well. Oh, and if I was going to go for this conflict, plus as a COIN, Brian Train seemed a no-brainer.

I know COIN has nice production but this is a really nice one from a first glance. Even the dice choice is quite funky.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [8] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.