Germany
Elxleben IK
Thüringen
flag msg tools
badge
Bazinga!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I decided to laminate the class sheets for permanent use and was just wondering, if the players can have the same class in one game? Well, that would mean I should have 6 laminates copies available for all 11 classes (to be prepared for the extreme case) which sounds weird. How many sheets of one class can you recommend? 2 or maybe 3 per class?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What i did was laminate 6 of them double-sided in various combinations which will hopefully account for 90% of use cases. e.g. it won't handle a party full of a single class, but it should allow for many combinations where one or two of the classes are duplicated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky W
Germany
Mannheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Definite answer: it depends

In my group the players always want variety. I can't imagine there would be ever two duplicate classes in a party in our sessions.

But if you have two or more big fans of Legolas in your group the be prepared to have more than one Nightshade Ranger sheets ready for use!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel P
Germany
Elxleben IK
Thüringen
flag msg tools
badge
Bazinga!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your answers! I like Stephan's idea of laminating two different sheets double-sided. Guess I will do this with all classes and should be enough. If there is a 3rd Legolas player on the table laugh I still could use a sheet of paper from the 20 sided blocks...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flo Heisenbrain
Germany
München
Bayern
flag msg tools
I am the one who mods!
badge
Are you pondering what I'm pondering?
mbmbmbmbmb
I plan to do the same, laminate 2 of each for normal rounds, for story mode campaigns going over a few sessions we will most likely use the blocks.
I think it's a good way to save the progress you made and it feels a little special as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Schmitzer
Germany
Garching
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought about laminating too, but i am pretty sure my gamerfriends would ruin the game with the markercolor on their fingers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel P
Germany
Elxleben IK
Thüringen
flag msg tools
badge
Bazinga!
mbmbmbmbmb
Britzel wrote:
I thought about laminating to but i am pretty sure my gamerfriends would ruin the game with the markercolor on their fingers.
Oh my god! shake shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael G
United States
New York
flag msg tools
That shouldn't be a problem with wet erase markers, right? (Unless they're really sweaty...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Palomares
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Britzel wrote:
I thought about laminating to but i am pretty sure my gamerfriends would ruin the game with the markercolor on their fingers.

Time to get new gamerfriends!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Schmitzer
Germany
Garching
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They are able to spread the chocolate from their fingers inside the sleeves and ruin the cards. What do you think happens, if i give them dry erase markers? soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan DeLano
United States
West Valley City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Britzel wrote:
They are able to spread the chocolate from their fingers inside the sleeves and ruin the cards. What do you think happens, if i give them dry erase markers? soblue

Is this a member of your gaming group?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingo Griebsch
Germany
Bochum
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
Coding Architect | Husband and father | Boardgame addict | Loves Clutch as well as Tricky
badge
Coding Architect | Husband and father | Boardgame addict | Loves Clutch as well as Tricky
mbmbmbmbmb
Praxus wrote:
Britzel wrote:

I really hope that this is a mishmash of chocolate, ketchup and mustard... Otherwise... gulp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
d0gb0t wrote:
Praxus wrote:
Britzel wrote:

I really hope that this is a mishmash of chocolate, ketchup and mustard... Otherwise... gulp

Birthday cake!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
d0gb0t wrote:

Either way, the effect on cards is the same: irrevocable destruction. i'd be hard pressed to say which of those smells worse: mustard or... that other stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
Unless you have the zombiecide stuff you basically have 2 recommended heroes per class.
So on that logic I laminated 2 of each class.
If we ever want to go more extreme than that (unlikely) then I'll just use the pads for the others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric B
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Britzel wrote:

Best keep some moist towelettes around and make sure they clean their hands after snack time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Etienne BREAUD
France
flag msg tools
I'm going to buy a laminating machine to do this, but I notice that most plastic sheets are A4, what size are the class sheets? Do I need A5 plastic sheets, or do I use A4 ones and just use scissors afterwards to adjust the laminated sheet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel P
Germany
Elxleben IK
Thüringen
flag msg tools
badge
Bazinga!
mbmbmbmbmb
Tefen wrote:
I'm going to buy a laminating machine to do this, but I notice that most plastic sheets are A4, what size are the class sheets? Do I need A5 plastic sheets, or do I use A4 ones and just use scissors afterwards to adjust the laminated sheet?

Well, the sheets are not A4 and they are not A5 but they are not A6, too. shake I am going to laminate them today in the evening, can show you a picture here, if you want. I will use A5 plastic sheets, but I already know that they will be to high a bit. Maybe I will cut them "above and below". whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
Tefen wrote:

Use A4 sheets, you can put 2 class sheets in each and cut them in half.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tefen wrote:

My A5 lamination sheets worked just fine, with roughly 1cm of overlap along the top and bottom edges. With A4 lamination sheets, which are are "hinged" along the short edge, it'll likely be tedious to properly line up two double-sided sheets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel P
Germany
Elxleben IK
Thüringen
flag msg tools
badge
Bazinga!
mbmbmbmbmb
So, it's done. All 11 classes are laminated twice double-sided in different combinations. A5 worked well. First tests with 0.6mm Non-Permanent Marker did, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MarcelP wrote:
So, it's done. All 11 classes are laminated twice double-sided in different combinations. A5 worked well. First tests with 0.6mm Non-Permanent Marker did, too.

Yours look like they came out really flat. My 20-Euro lamination machine always results in slightly wavy laminated sheets :/.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel P
Germany
Elxleben IK
Thüringen
flag msg tools
badge
Bazinga!
mbmbmbmbmb
sgbeal wrote:
My 20-Euro lamination machine always results in slightly wavy laminated sheets :/.
Well, I guess the image seems to feint a bit. Using a 20 € machine, too and they are not plane, but putting them below a big book directly seemed to help a bit and it is ok for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.