Subject: No limit Le Truc rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matteo Perlini
Italy
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
As stated in this post, there is a little problem with Le Truc betting system.

If the winning player propose the exact value for him to win (very frequent case), the opponent can automatically propose a new bet with the value needed for him to win too. This is always the optimal move to make for the loosing player, without risk.

An extreme case. The winning player has 11 points (he needs just one more point to win the game) and te loosing player has 0 pint. The loosing player can (he should!) bet 12 points in each deal, forcing a "winner take all". Of course, the winning player can refuse this proposal, but I think the problem remains.

So here my variant:

Sans Limite Truc

Le Truc rules apply, with the following exceptions:

1. When the game reaches 12 points, after the end of each deal, the dealer deals one more card face up: if it is a 7, then the game ends immediately; if it is not a 7, the game continues.
2. Maximum bet = 10.

In this version, players don't know in advance when the game will end. So the betting process remains interesting and open until the end.

What do you think about it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Eberle
United States
Kent
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like this--I think I'm the Boss did it better. (No surprise it is also a Sid Sackson game.) When a particular deal is done a die is rolled. If it is a six the game ends; if not another deal is done. After that deal the die is rolled and a five or six ends the game. This continues either until the game ends via die roll or by completing the last deal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.