Popular Tags: [View All]
Guido Moyano Loyola
Argentina
Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires
Other
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi martians fellows,

one more question: If I am exploring/gathering on R3 assigning a total of 1 pawn after modifiers (which means that I will have to roll the dice) , but a tile on R2 that I travel through has one of those blue adventure ('?') markers, before rolling should I resolve an adventure and then roll and maybe had another adventure?

I was thinking that if the R2 tile been travelled had a wound blue marker I would have to take the wound and then roll (which potentially can lead to another wound), but wanted to be sure that the same applies for adventures.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zoltán Dudás
Hungary
flag msg tools
Isgrimnur5 wrote:
Hi martians fellows,

one more question: If I am exploring/gathering on R3 assigning a total of 1 pawn after modifiers (which means that I will have to roll the dice) , but a tile on R2 that I travel through has one of those blue adventure ('?') markers, before rolling should I resolve an adventure and then roll and maybe had another adventure?

I was thinking that if the R2 tile been travelled had a wound blue marker I would have to take the wound and then roll (which potentially can lead to another wound), but wanted to be sure that the same applies for adventures.

Thanks!

Yes, you can have two adventures and two wounds. Terrain effect and dice stack with each other.
As to which order to resolve it.. Personally I just roll and then count up every penalty. So I would resolve the 2 adventures after rolling, instead of adventure, roll and another adventure. But thats just personal preference I guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petr Molik
msg tools
Spike225BGG wrote:
Isgrimnur5 wrote:
Hi martians fellows,

Thanks!

Yes, you can have two adventures and two wounds. Terrain effect and dice stack with each other.
As to which order to resolve it.. Personally I just roll and then count up every penalty. So I would resolve the 2 adventures after rolling, instead of adventure, roll and another adventure. But thats just personal preference I guess.

No, this is certainly not true. Please see the FAQ in the rulebook, Question 2 that explicitly says: "for example you never resolve more than one adventure per action" ONLY the "+1 pawn" tokens stack up, so if you have "?" on all ROI tiles you go through, another "?" on the "!" spot in the garage and you roll "?" on the dice because you lack the second extra pawn to explore, after all this you only resolve ONE green adventure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zoltán Dudás
Hungary
flag msg tools
petrmolik wrote:

No, this is certainly not true. Please see the FAQ in the rulebook, Question 2 that explicitly says: "for example you never resolve more than one adventure per action" ONLY the "+1 pawn" tokens stack up, so if you have "?" on all ROI tiles you go through, another "?" on the "!" spot in the garage and you roll "?" on the dice because you lack the second extra pawn to explore, after all this you only resolve ONE green adventure.

Yes, the FAQ says this, but since then it was overruled here by the designer. So it is certainly true. I am not gonna look for a quote now, but he said pretty much what I wrote:
Cards/tokens and such dont stack with each other except the -1 Action pawn. But dice results always stack on the rest.

Edit: here is the quotes

plosfas wrote:
trzewik wrote:
I am sorry to say that my playtesters convinced me that the rule of not adding up the same effects from various tokens & cards is good. Hence the entry in FAQ.

As Artur writes - if you have Wound icon on ROI and Wound token on Garage Hall and even Wound token on Froggy... You will get only 1 wound ;(

I know, it is sad.

HOWEVER devil if you roll dice and get Wound, it adds - it's not card/token effect. Effect of dice roll, of course, is always valid.

Interesting, thanks for the response. Would that mean that a ? token and a ? rolled on a die would add in the same way to give 2 adventures?

trzewik wrote:
Si, die effect is not card/token effect - it may add up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jyhne
Denmark
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Spike225BGG wrote:
petrmolik wrote:

Yes, the FAQ says this, but since then it was overruled here by the designer. So it is certainly true. I am not gonna look for a quote now, but he said pretty much what I wrote:
Cards/tokens and such dont stack with each other except the -1 Action pawn. But dice results always stack on the rest.

Edit: here is the quotes

plosfas wrote:
trzewik wrote:
I am sorry to say that my playtesters convinced me that the rule of not adding up the same effects from various tokens & cards is good. Hence the entry in FAQ.

As Artur writes - if you have Wound icon on ROI and Wound token on Garage Hall and even Wound token on Froggy... You will get only 1 wound ;(

I know, it is sad.

HOWEVER devil if you roll dice and get Wound, it adds - it's not card/token effect. Effect of dice roll, of course, is always valid.

Interesting, thanks for the response. Would that mean that a ? token and a ? rolled on a die would add in the same way to give 2 adventures?

trzewik wrote:
Si, die effect is not card/token effect - it may add up.

But this is not entered in the rules FAQ On bgg. That's bad. With all the issues of rule interpretation with this game, it's very helpful if all the rule explainations from the designer is added to the FAQ on this site (or even better in the app)

My co players are all very focussed on getting the rules right. So It's paramount that all this add ons and explainations are easy accessible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petr Molik
msg tools
I must say that this is becoming a mess of huge proportions. Thanks for clarification but I can't take Portal seriously anymore when some hidden designer's comment on BGG directly contradicts the sentence "you never resolve more than one adventure per action" in the rules printed by the same company one month before.

Portal, get your stuff together and at sit someone in front of a PC to answer community questions every single day.

I'm really sorry for them because I'm a fan and I care. This is my 6th game from Portal I bought and it looks like the positive tweets Ignacy was hoping for before the retail launch will be more likely frustrated rants about unclear and ambiguous rules then from enjoying the game.

It is worrying, because the 3,000 preordered copies went mostly to the fans and players who have above average experience with learning new games compared with the rest of the board game community. And if those people ask dozens of questions about clearly ambiguous rules, pretending that 99% of future players will be just fine is a wishful thinking.

To be clear, I finished 2 missions and I enjoyed the play experience but I think that these undercooked rules and betaversion quality app will sink this game before it launches for retail. Justified or not, you only have one chance to make a first impression.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ignacy Trzewiczek
Poland
Gliwice
Slask
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for the confusion that might arise.

As mentioned: modifier do not add up, and if you have a modifier token with ?, and ROI with ?, and even a Condition with ? you will still have only 1 ?

And as mentioned: the roll is always valid, so if you roll ? you always resolve it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.