Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I fully understand that at this stage, development might not be continuing on this game, but after 2 plays with my wife last night a few things came up.

1. When rival missions come up, opposing captains are always referred to as he. Having a simple gender selection at game start would be nice (and less confusing for younger players).

2. I like how when you play the narrative mode, you all start in port and can do your initial mission gathering and purchasing all at the same time. This should be the default (or at least an option) for every mode as all players need to do this first turn realistically and it saves a lot of time to all do this together.

3. Many have suggested this, but more synchronous play would greatly reduce the downtime in this game. If people are in-port as their second action, there's very little reason that the next players turn can't start (there is the clash of them also going into the same port and should be get info if the last player hasn't left yet, but just don't allow them to leave port until the last player has).
The same could also be done for any action performed by another player which does not impede the next player (continuing a step of a mission, fighting a monster or another player). Obviously the net player may want to wait to see the outcome if any, but it doesn't stop them from moving on.

4. Player count. I understand more captains and ships would be required, but the map is so large that I don't see any reason why more than 4 players couldn't play this. 6 seems perfectly fine from the size of the map. Maybe a mini-expansion which add 4 more captains and ships (or more even) and perhaps a board extension (double sided?) to add variety to the map. It would also allow for more varied and interesting team modes.

5. Ambient 'host' device. Each phone obviously plays it's own individual sounds, but a secondary 'host' layer on 1 phone which can be used if connected to a Bluetooth device would be great. I like having atmosphere for my games and general sea noise, with perhaps some other game-wide sound features would be interesting.

6. I think everyone would want more variety in in missions. Especially in narrative mode. I would really like more quests where you perhaps start independent quests, which later become an uneasy alliance with another player, or a forced race/battle for the final part.

7. Co-op game mode, perhaps threw linked quests, or even fighting off a simple enemy.

Obviously some are more viable than others and bring more to players. But this is my hopes (and dreams) for an improved game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I still like this game and see tons of potential. I hope they are continuing to work on it.

The downtime is the biggest factor that keeps it from getting to the table more often.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Nehring
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
I love these suggestions!

YoHo is one of my favorite games but the down time is really killer. Using the down time as either a port visit or adding some kind of mini game (puzzle to find things on the map... like coded messages- a kind of escape room in the background, would really ramp up the excitement. If a mission had a secret message we had to work out while our opponents were playing the time would pass very quickly.

Is there any forum where players can chat with the developers? My gaming group would love to help with further development of this game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.