Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Lignum (second edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: PW : Cutting rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dr No
Canada
Montréal
QC
flag msg tools
Hi,
Are the two extra woodcutter we could hire in Cutting phase Free or each cost 1$ ?
Thank you
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan S
United States
Longwood
FL
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The way I understand it, you have to pay to add those additional cutters. The PW card allows you to hire additional workers and hiring workers comes at a cost.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Huemer
Austria
Linz
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
captainflam wrote:
Hi,
Are the two extra woodcutter we could hire in Cutting phase Free or each cost 1$ ?
Thank you

Hi, they are not free. They are also 1$ each.
Greetings
Alex
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Piefer "Luke Luke The Orange"

Brooklyn
New York
msg tools
mbmb
Help! Can you only hire the 2 extra woodcutters duringwoodcutting, or can you hire ALL of them at the time? The normal limit plus 2, I mean, so you could skip the woodcutters on the supply path completely. That is the way it reads literally, but I'm not sure that's the intention.

For example there are 4 wood in my forest. Do I hire 4 woodcutters on the path and 2 more during wood cutting, or can I hire all 6 during wood cutting?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Buhr
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
coolhandluke121 wrote:
Help! Can you only hire the 2 extra woodcutters duringwoodcutting, or can you hire ALL of them at the time? The normal limit plus 2, I mean, so you could skip the woodcutters on the supply path completely. That is the way it reads literally, but I'm not sure that's the intention.

For example there are 4 wood in my forest. Do I hire 4 woodcutters on the path and 2 more during wood cutting, or can I hire all 6 during wood cutting?



It’s my understanding that you only buy woodcutters on the path. Normally the max you can buy is N, but with this you can buy N+2. If you don’t hire woodcutters at the normal spot on the path then you missed your opportunity to purchase woodcutters.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Piefer "Luke Luke The Orange"

Brooklyn
New York
msg tools
mbmb
Thirdspaced wrote:
coolhandluke121 wrote:
Help! Can you only hire the 2 extra woodcutters duringwoodcutting, or can you hire ALL of them at the time? The normal limit plus 2, I mean, so you could skip the woodcutters on the supply path completely. That is the way it reads literally, but I'm not sure that's the intention.

For example there are 4 wood in my forest. Do I hire 4 woodcutters on the path and 2 more during wood cutting, or can I hire all 6 during wood cutting?



It’s my understanding that you only buy woodcutters on the path. Normally the max you can buy is N, but with this you can buy N+2. If you don’t hire woodcutters at the normal spot on the path then you missed your opportunity to purchase woodcutters.


That's what I would have guessed based on an understanding of game play, but it is definitely not the way the rule is written. It says "during the wood-cutting phase, you may hire two more workers than the number of wood on your forest clearing." (I don't have my rule book handy so that may not be the exact wording, but the part about hiring woodcutters during the wood-cutting phase is definitely in there.)

We decided to interpret the rule literally because that's all we had to go on.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.