Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthieu Fontaines
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MARS NOMADS :
City and Building Tag
42 MC

First action of first turn : place the Mars Nomad tile on any free hexagon (ie not reserved or occupied), gain the ressource of the hexagon

Action : spend 2 MC or 1 Titanium to move Mars Nomads up to two tiles to another free hexagon, the path to the new hexagon must be free (of tiles or reserved hexagons). Gain the ressources of the hexagon and adjacent oceans, the ancient location of mars nomads is available anew, comprising its ressources.

Mars Nomads tile count as a city for all other aspects

----------------------------
A Moving city that could take benefit of the ressources without draining them, but can be blocked by the other players expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Lacer
United States
Cobalt
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Could also work as a blue card instead of a corporation
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu Fontaines
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rocksnrolls wrote:
Could also work as a blue card instead of a corporation

Yes, definitly,

btw, we could imagine inserting the unused corporations in the project deck and recruiting them :)

The difficulty would be costing (corpos seems more easy to do in this aspect since they all apply from generation 1)

As a blue card : -2 energy, 20-ish cost (like underground city maybe but a little bit more powerfull for versatility)

it is quite versatile, since it may be used as a +2 plant productor, a +1 card productor, a +1,5 steel productor... but it does not earn any money (and even costs one)

note : the Titanium cost is to "simulate" the fuel cost (the fuel production card producing titanium...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florian Ruckeisen
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting idea! I agree that it would be a little more fitting as a blue card, tho. I actually wouldn't mind if the "range" of movement was unrestricted, both mechanically and thematically. We're talking about a whole generation after all, and surely those nomads are motorized.

Duinhir wrote:
it is quite versatile, since it may be used as a +2 plant productor, a +1 card productor, a +1,5 steel productor...

It can also be used to spread around your greeneries, which I find noteworthy.

Quote:
note : the Titanium cost is to "simulate" the fuel cost (the fuel production card producing titanium...)

I thought so - in that vein, it would be nice if fuelling them with titanium was more efficient than using money, so the money cost would need to be 4 M€ rather than 2... could offset this with card cost I reckon. That would make the whole moving around less attractive tho... while 4 M€ would still be a fair offer for 2 plants, for most others, you'd need adjacent oceans to make the move even worthwhile.

Once the map fills up, an interesting mindgame would come up: By the end of the game, the Nomad player will want the Nomad city to be in a nice, greenery-filled spot. At some point, he'll have to decide whether he can afford to take just one more detour - or if the other players will shut him out of the nice spots if he does.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Maloof

Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmb
Snapshot wrote:
Once the map fills up, an interesting mindgame would come up: By the end of the game, the Nomad player will want the Nomad city to be in a nice, greenery-filled spot. At some point, he'll have to decide whether he can afford to take just one more detour - or if the other players will shut him out of the nice spots if he does.

I think it'd be as likely that the Nomad could pause between two nice city spots, thus blockading both, then use a turn to move to one and place a city in the other. Cool idea. Would have to decide whether the tile is allowed to move adjacent to an opponent city or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florian Ruckeisen
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Toper wrote:
I think it'd be as likely that the Nomad could pause between two nice city spots, thus blockading both, then use a turn to move to one and place a city in the other.

Very true! devil

Quote:
Would have to decide whether the tile is allowed to move adjacent to an opponent city or not.

Probably not; it would already have a lot of zoning power and flexibility as is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Örjan Almén
Sweden
Karlstad
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the idea!

It could cost 3 M€ per space to move up to two spaces and an additional 1M€ for each additional space, and titanium can be used to pay with?

I think they should be able to pass a reserved space but not stop there, otherwise it would be way too easy to block them from moving from top to bottom half of the base map.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu Fontaines
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Snapshot wrote:

I thought so - in that vein, it would be nice if fuelling them with titanium was more efficient than using money, so the money cost would need to be 4 M€ rather than 2... could offset this with card cost I reckon. That would make the whole moving around less attractive tho... while 4 M€ would still be a fair offer for 2 plants, for most others, you'd need adjacent oceans to make the move even worthwhile.

orjanalmen wrote:

It could cost 3 M€ per space to move up to two spaces and an additional 1M€ for each additional space, and titanium can be used to pay with?

I think 4 M€ may be really too costly, the idea of orjanalmen may be a good compromise

Snapshot wrote:
Once the map fills up, an interesting mindgame would come up: By the end of the game, the Nomad player will want the Nomad city to be in a nice, greenery-filled spot. At some point, he'll have to decide whether he can afford to take just one more detour - or if the other players will shut him out of the nice spots if he does. :D

Yes I had this in mind also :)

orjanalmen wrote:

I think they should be able to pass a reserved space but not stop there, otherwise it would be way too easy to block them from moving from top to bottom half of the base map.

This may be to be considered after some use and testing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu Fontaines
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Would have to decide whether the tile is allowed to move adjacent to an opponent city or not.

Probably not; it would already have a lot of zoning power and flexibility as is.[/q]

This means, that they have 6 hexagon exlusion zones around each city, may become very difficult to play at the end of game. But why not, both version please me thematically and gameplaywise.

- if they can move next to a city, it may be considered has making commerce with the sedentary, gameplay wise, it reduce of one point the sedentary city VP.

- on the other hand, we can consider a animosity between sedentary and nomads, nomads prefering the less populated areas and sedentary fearing them. this will reduce the nomad card / corpo power...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
↓ first, last name ↓
United States
Fountain Valley
California
flag msg tools
Why is there no Word Games Forum or Subdomain?
badge
There should be a Word Games Subdomain, or at least a Word Games Forum!
mbmbmbmbmb
Toper wrote:
Snapshot wrote:

I think it'd be as likely that the Nomad could pause between two nice city spots, thus blockading both, then use a turn to move to one and place a city in the other. Cool idea. Would have to decide whether the tile is allowed to move adjacent to an opponent city or not.

That would depend on whether the Nomad tile itself counts as a city. I'd be more inclined to say that it shouldn't. They are nomads, after all. Nomads move around and don't build cities. I think of the modern-day Bedouins, who often settle temporarily near cities, for the commercial benefit.

Not allowing them to stop next to cities greatly reduces their power and flexibility. Any other player who builds a city is also partly blocking the Nomads. And if the Nomad player builds a city himself, he's cutting off his own potential future benefits.

So IMO, the nomad tile should not count as a city - let it look like a group of tents. It can be placed next to a city, and cities can be placed next to it.

And yes, it would probably work better as a blue card, rather than a corporation. As a blue card, I'd say, lose the Building tag, and make it cost about 12-15 MC.

As written, you could simply move it back and forth between two spots every turn, gaining the resources (until one of them is taken by another player). This is not necessarily a problem.

Perhaps make it cost 18 MC (or so), but the two-space movement action is free. Possibly let it move farther for an additional cost, like 1 MC per space after the first two, and you can use Titanium to pay for the movement.

Even if there's a single ocean tile on the board, the nomad can move around it every turn to gain 2 MC. And with multiple oceans, the income from the nomads move could become quite significant.

There are a lot of good possibilities here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Owlbear
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
I just wanna play more games
badge
Hoothoot GRRR!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting question then becomes:

Would they get the placement bonus $$ each time they set down next to an Ocean tile?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Örjan Almén
Sweden
Karlstad
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TabletopOwlbear wrote:
Interesting question then becomes:

Would they get the placement bonus $$ each time they set down next to an Ocean tile?

why not? Remember that the ability is only usable once per generation.

By the way, I believe the Nomads shouldn't be able to go back to the space they started from when moving. Otherwise they could just go one step forward and one back to gain the same space all the time.

On the other hand, all this makes a card really difficult to explain, as we have so many rules already, and everything needs to fit into one card...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu Fontaines
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Phil Fleischmann wrote:

Not allowing them to stop next to cities greatly reduces their power and flexibility. Any other player who builds a city is also partly blocking the Nomads. And if the Nomad player builds a city himself, he's cutting off his own potential future benefits.

That's why they should be allowed next to cities (there is already a city like this and noctis city may also be near another city)
As it is a special tile, I don't see the problem

Phil Fleischmann wrote:

So IMO, the nomad tile should not count as a city - let it look like a group of tents. It can be placed next to a city, and cities can be placed next to it.

In my idea, it was a city, a moving city (made of rovers and inflatable tents) who scored on greeneries at the end of game

Phil Fleischmann wrote:

And yes, it would probably work better as a blue card, rather than a corporation. As a blue card, I'd say, lose the Building tag, and make it cost about 12-15 MC.

Again, why not for the blue card, it may even coexist with a variant blue card (after all, quite all other corporations have corresponding cards in the project deck)

in my idea, it was a "faction", like ecoline, helion... on witch to build some strategy (even if TM is globally a highly tactic game)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
↓ first, last name ↓
United States
Fountain Valley
California
flag msg tools
Why is there no Word Games Forum or Subdomain?
badge
There should be a Word Games Subdomain, or at least a Word Games Forum!
mbmbmbmbmb
Duinhir wrote:
Phil Fleischmann wrote:

In my idea, it was a city, a moving city (made of rovers and inflatable tents) who scored on greeneries at the end of game

Yes, it should certainly score for adjacent greeneries at the end of the game, but I don't think it should prevent other cities being placed next to it, nor be prohibited from being placed next to cities.

Should it count for the Mayor? Maybe, maybe not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.