Subject: Game Tray and Sleeves rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Wise
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
Does anyone know if the included tray insert will accommodate sleeved cards? Especially fantasy flight sleeves. I love when games provide well made inserts but it is always a disappointment when sleeves don't fit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pandasaurus Games
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
publisher
www.pandasaurusgames.com
badge
www.pandasaurusgames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had mine sleeved in the Mayday 7-wonders sleeves for a while now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
stooge wrote:

Penny sleeves or good quality sleeves?
Are the cards a standard ish size?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pandasaurus Games
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
publisher
www.pandasaurusgames.com
badge
www.pandasaurusgames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
corkysru wrote:
stooge wrote:

Penny sleeves or good quality sleeves?
Are the cards a standard ish size?

They are Mayday premium sleeves, so reasonably thick, and you could definitely get something a little thicker than what I have them in inside.

7 wonders sized cards. So, standard enough to have sleeves on the market already.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Wise
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
Awesome! Didn't expect a response so quickly. Can you provide the card count? They are all the same size, correct? I'm hoping to pick this up at gencon if possible and bringing sleeves to be prepared is a nice bonus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
It's a love/hate relationship.
badge
Check out my board game instructional videos on my YouTube channel: "The Game Explainer".
mbmbmbmbmb
7 Wonders cards are NOT a standard size. They are much larger than standard poker/american/euro cards, so you'll need to shop around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
elac yenwod
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
mvettemagred wrote:
7 Wonders cards are NOT a standard size.

I think the intention for the standard comment was that the card size already has sleeves made for them. Mayday has a specific 7 wonders size.

The instructions file on BGG lists a total of 119 cards. Not sure if they're all 7 wonders size and not sure how many additional cards come in the pre-order bonus (for those who are eligible).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
In brightest day, in blackest night, No evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might, beware my power, Green Lantern's light!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
So ALL cards in this game are 65x100mm (7 Wonders sized)?

That's a little disappointing, I keep a large amount of every size FFG produces on hand to sleeve my games, looks like I'm going to have to make a separate order just to get sleeves for this now. If only they were just a little wider and I could use tarot sleeves...

Anyone know who else makes sleeves that are of a similar quality to FFG in this size, I know Mayday is an option but their sleeves are garbage (just my opinion of course, I'm sure there are tons of people who prefer them). Only other sleeves I have experience with are Swan, used their sleeves for Kingdom Death gear cards and again nowhere near the quality of FFG but that was the only option.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
Andrew I agree with you on your opinions of mayday sleeves. I would prefer everything be able to be sleeve by FFG sleeves as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have Ultra Pro's on them and they fit great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pandasaurus Games
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
publisher
www.pandasaurusgames.com
badge
www.pandasaurusgames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
The card size was a functional game call.

1) We needed more room for text on several of the cards.
2) We wanted the artwork to be as big as possible.
3) We knew sleeves *do* exist for this size.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stooge wrote:
The card size was a functional game call.

1) We needed more room for text on several of the cards.
2) We wanted the artwork to be as big as possible.
3) We knew sleeves *do* exist for this size.

Why not go for the even bigger "Tarot" sized then?
More art is nice! Especially this art.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Pickelsimer
United States
Piedmont
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tried Arcane Tinman sleeves on them and they fit the cards but do not fit in the trays after sleeving. They are slightly too large.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor The Geek
United States
Harrisburg area
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dpickels wrote:
Tried Arcane Tinman sleeves on them and they fit the cards but do not fit in the trays after sleeving. They are slightly too large.

I was annoyed last night when I sleeved my copy with Arcane Tinman sleeves and the cards didn't fit in the trays. They couldn't have made the trays just slightly larger? The inserts are AMAZING; but don't fit sleeved cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pandasaurus Games
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
publisher
www.pandasaurusgames.com
badge
www.pandasaurusgames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
VictorTheGeek wrote:
dpickels wrote:

I was annoyed last night when I sleeved my copy with Arcane Tinman sleeves and the cards didn't fit in the trays. They couldn't have made the trays just slightly larger? The inserts are AMAZING; but don't fit sleeved cards.

They fit sleeves cards from ultrapro and mayday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stooge wrote:
VictorTheGeek wrote:
dpickels wrote:

Ultra pro was premium right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fed Aykin

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VictorTheGeek wrote:
dpickels wrote:

I had this issue recently with the Xia tray - didn't fit using FFG sleeves, fit fine using Maydays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Bartels
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stooge wrote:
VictorTheGeek wrote:
dpickels wrote:

Are you sure about this?

I just got my copy in and I had some leftover Ultra Pro 65x100 - Orange (82660, 50/pack) - (65 x 100mm) sleeves from when I sleeved Raptor and the card definitely did not fit in the tray. Not even close.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H Chapman
United States
Lansdale
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
MayDay Sleeves are not the answer
Before everybody rushes out to buy MayDay premium sleeves. I have several packages of MayDay premium sleeves bought at various times, and I would NOT say any of them fit FINE.

Oh, the sleeves fit the cards just fine -- in fact I would say great -- but the sleeved cards do NOT fit so fine into the trays.

They sort of fit, but the top two corners of the sleeves (not the cards themselves) do have to bend a bit in order for them to fit. And I warn you -- that bending might wind up damaging the cards over time.

It's a shame. Had they not rounded the corners of the trays (probably to match the cards??), then the sleeves would have indeed fit fine.

I just don't understand why game companies don't account for sleeved cards when they design inserts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Bartels
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pa19443 wrote:
Before everybody rushes out to buy MayDay premium sleeves. I have several packages of MayDay premium sleeves bought at various times, and I would NOT say any of them fit FINE.

Oh, the sleeves fit the cards just fine -- in fact I would say great -- but the sleeved cards do NOT fit so fine into the trays.

They sort of fit, but the top two corners of the sleeves (not the cards themselves) do have to bend a bit in order for them to fit. And I warn you -- that bending might wind up damaging the cards over time.

It's a shame. Had they not rounded the corners of the trays (probably to match the cards??), then the sleeves would have indeed fit fine.

I just don't understand why game companies don't account for sleeved cards when they design inserts.

Yup, its a huge disappointment. They explicitly mention that the trays will fit sleeved cards in one of the earlier videos for the game. Thanks for testing this, will have to come up with my own solution I guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H Chapman
United States
Lansdale
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Tohnren wrote:

will have to come up with my own solution I guess.

Tuck boxes at the right height worked for me :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Kainu
United States
Charlotte
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pa19443 wrote:
Tohnren wrote:

Source..? I think I may decide to go this route. Thanks for providing pics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
Robotsandpuppets wrote:
pa19443 wrote:
Tohnren wrote:

Source..? I think I may decide to go this route. Thanks for providing pics.

Look homemade (irregular half circle cut), so any tuck box template, scaled up to fit the length/width of the cards and the height of the tray/insert next to it, should work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H Chapman
United States
Lansdale
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
JBMoby wrote:
Look homemade (irregular half circle cut), so any tuck box template, scaled up to fit the length/width of the cards and the height of the tray/insert next to it, should work.

Yes, homemade, and, yes, the height is that of the tray/insert next to it, but the boxes length and width are oversized to guarantee that they always sit level on top of the plastic tracks designed for the trays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent DiDaniele
msg tools
Just got 7 wonders mayday sleeves and realized like others here that they don't fit in the trays -_- Really disappointed, the home made tuck boxes seem like a possible solution for me but would rather find a perfect fit sleeve so I can still use the trays. Has anyone found sleeves that fit without the corners bending?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.