Popular Tags: [View All]
Box of Delights
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
Visit me at www.boxofdelights.net
mbmbmbmbmb
From Alan Emrich at VPG:

"FYI, everyone: the ESTIMATED shipping charges that are posted for all non-US backers are "worst case" numbers. These will come into play if we have to ship everything from the United States. Quite simply, the MORE backers we have from other regions, the more likely we will be shipping them from a closer depot and thus at a lower shipping cost to you.
When the campaign is done, we will be submitting it for a shipping quote based on how many backers are located where, and then we will be able to give you an accurate estimate of shipping costs. We have estimated shipping this way in past KS campaigns, but the estimate you see is one that should never go up, but only down, when the time comes to charge for shipping."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niek NL
Netherlands
flag msg tools
This is good news. I already backed it, and I did a group pledge with other people in the Netherlands, because the shipping costs are really high.

I would suggest they add this information to the kickstarter main page, because this could mean the loss of a lot of potential backers, as I hear from many people they find the shipping costs too high.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ricky2002 wrote:
From Alan Emrich at VPG:

"FYI, everyone: the ESTIMATED shipping charges that are posted for all non-US backers are "worst case" numbers. These will come into play if we have to ship everything from the United States. Quite simply, the MORE backers we have from other regions, the more likely we will be shipping them from a closer depot and thus at a lower shipping cost to you.
When the campaign is done, we will be submitting it for a shipping quote based on how many backers are located where, and then we will be able to give you an accurate estimate of shipping costs. We have estimated shipping this way in past KS campaigns, but the estimate you see is one that should never go up, but only down, when the time comes to charge for shipping."

I'm a bit concerned about the mention of a risk of shipping from the US, since that would take the total price of the game for me to about $100 because of customs and VAT, instead of roughly $60.

For now I'll go support this as a non-reward, because of everything you've done for the community, Ricky, and then upgrade if there's a guarantee that it won't be shipped from the US.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niek NL
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mortenmdk wrote:

I'm a bit concerned about the mention of a risk of shipping from the US, since that would take the total price of the game for me to about $100 because of customs and VAT, instead of roughly $60.

For now I'll go support this as a non-reward, because of everything you've done for the community, Ricky, and then upgrade if there's a guarantee that it won't be shipped from the US.

Hi Morten,
I wouldn't be worried about this at all. The Kickstarter very clearly states that it's worldwide customs friendly.

They are using the "Ship Naked" company for this: https://www.shipnaked.com/
"We are working with Ship Naked to get the best possible shipping rates for everyone. Essentially, this is done through shipping zones. The shipping zone that you live in determines how much shipping you will pay."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NiekNL wrote:
mortenmdk wrote:

Hi Morten,
I wouldn't be worried about this at all. The Kickstarter very clearly states that it's worldwide customs friendly.

They are using the "Ship Naked" company for this: https://www.shipnaked.com/
"We are working with Ship Naked to get the best possible shipping rates for everyone. Essentially, this is done through shipping zones. The shipping zone that you live in determines how much shipping you will pay."

Yeah, I read that the same way as you do, but the comment from Alan that Ricky posted here seems to contradict that it's a done deal.

This comment by Alan on Kickstarter one day ago also casts some doubt on the customs friendliness of the project:

Alan Emrich wrote:
Currently, our projects just aren't big enough to "know" if we will hit certain international depots' minimum shipping requirements or not (although we have acheived that before, we just never know until the KS is over). Thus, we need to "worst case" the initial shipping estimate hoping that people stick with us and trust the system enough that they will acheive a lower (or at least acceptable) shipping rate.

I definitely hope that I'm just misinterpreting here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niek NL
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Hmmm, I agree that sounds a little bit confusing and not certain at all. I thought the current shipping price was the max/worst case scenario, and it could only get lower. Let's hope it's still that way
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mortenmdk wrote:
ricky2002 wrote:
From Alan Emrich at VPG:

Are there any news on this one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Box of Delights
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
Visit me at www.boxofdelights.net
mbmbmbmbmb
mortenmdk wrote:
mortenmdk wrote:
ricky2002 wrote:
From Alan Emrich at VPG:

I presumed they meant shipping from China to the US, then from the US to distribution centres versus shipping from China direct to distribution centres. Hopefully VPG will clarify....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ricky2002 wrote:
mortenmdk wrote:
mortenmdk wrote:
ricky2002 wrote:
From Alan Emrich at VPG:

I presumed they meant shipping from China to the US, then from the US to distribution centres versus shipping from China direct to distribution centres. Hopefully VPG will clarify....

I hope that your interpretation is right and that VPG will clarify.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lieve T
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mortenmdk wrote:
ricky2002 wrote:
mortenmdk wrote:
mortenmdk wrote:
ricky2002 wrote:
From Alan Emrich at VPG:

Same here, holding off on backing because of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riccardo Previdi
Italy
Goito
Mantova
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
elephantgirl wrote:
mortenmdk wrote:
ricky2002 wrote:
mortenmdk wrote:
mortenmdk wrote:
ricky2002 wrote:
From Alan Emrich at VPG:

Same here, holding off on backing because of it.

Same here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Woah! Woah! Calm down, everyone, please.

We are using Ship Naked and it is customs-friendly worldwide no matter where we end up sending it from!

The price you see is the ENTIRE price, customs included. Now, customs can be unpredictable and you never know... but if you are charged anything extra, you will be refunded that amount.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alan Emrich wrote:

We are using Ship Naked and it is customs-friendly worldwide no matter where we end up sending it from!

The price you see is the ENTIRE price, customs included. Now, customs can be unpredictable and you never know... but if you are charged anything extra, you will be refunded that amount.

Sounds good, I'll go pledge for the game now .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lieve T
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alan Emrich wrote:

Also for multi-game packages? I have only received smaller games through Ship Naked and due to their size customs didn't flag those.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Also for multi-game packages?

Yes; everything works the same way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.