Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Near_and_Far [+] [View All]
David Halliday
United Kingdom
Herts.
flag msg tools
Overclock Epic Fail!
badge
Please note I am no longer very active on BGG.
mbmbmbmbmb
This came up in a game today, I've put part of it in a spoiler envelope just in case.

A player with an open side quest lands on a quest space, triggering it. The player selects one of the tests and passes it with a dice roll and the expenditure of a heart or two. The outcome is read out: "Turn immediately to QXX" - another side quest.
Spoiler (click to reveal)
The player does not need to roll a dice in this second quest - there are two outcomes depending on whether the player has a keyword or not.

The player completes this nested quest and receives the reward.

My question is, in campaign mode would that player be able to mark off two completed quests on their character sheet, or only one?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brenna Asplund
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Only one. The nesting is something we did in order to fit longer quest outcomes within the formatting of the storybook. If the text prompts you to "turn immediately" to another page, then it still counts as the same quest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Yang
Canada
Woodbridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CepheidVariable wrote:
If the text prompts you to "turn immediately" to another page, then it still counts as the same quest.

Oh! That solves one of my issues with the game. We ran out of space on our Character cards and rewarded too much experience. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Halliday
United Kingdom
Herts.
flag msg tools
Overclock Epic Fail!
badge
Please note I am no longer very active on BGG.
mbmbmbmbmb
CepheidVariable wrote:
Only one. The nesting is something we did in order to fit longer quest outcomes within the formatting of the storybook. If the text prompts you to "turn immediately" to another page, then it still counts as the same quest.

Thanks Brenna, we played it that way so I'm glad we got it right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.